Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Suburban
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #1
BlackForest
AF Newbie

2004 Suburban Trailer Running Lights

I'm getting stop and turn, but no running lights on the trailer. Vehicle running lights work fine. I found the 15 amp fuse under the hood for the trailer park lights and it is fine. There is no voltage in the fuse socket. Vehicle park light fuses have voltage.

Is there another fuse upstream or could the relay somehow be sending voltage to the vehicle circuit and not the trailer circuit? I didn't look at the relay, but the diagram for the relay shows only 4 connections, so that doesn't seem likely.
BlackForest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: 2004 Suburban Trailer Running Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackForest View Post
I'm getting stop and turn, but no running lights on the trailer. Vehicle running lights work fine. I found the 15 amp fuse under the hood for the trailer park lights and it is fine. There is no voltage in the fuse socket. Vehicle park light fuses have voltage.

Is there another fuse upstream or could the relay somehow be sending voltage to the vehicle circuit and not the trailer circuit? I didn't look at the relay, but the diagram for the relay shows only 4 connections, so that doesn't seem likely.
running lts work on truck but not on the trailer ....put 12volts to the trailer wiring connector of the trailer , see if the running Lts work ,,,if not probably bad connector/wire/rats...
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
turkey28
AF Newbie

Re: 2004 Suburban Trailer Running Lights

You can get a tester that plugs into the connection on the vehicle. It has lights on it for turn and tail. If it lights up, the problem is in the trailer wiring, which is usually the case.
turkey28 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
light , park , running , suburban , trailer
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Suburban