Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Colorado
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 06:26 AM   #1
dstodd02
AF Newbie

Exclamation Chevy Colorado Issues

I bought my Chevy Colorado on June 14,2004.
July 15 I had to take the truck in for service due to the check engine light came on, the radio kept resetting itself back to 12:00 and because for some reason the box shifted off center. The dealership had the truck for a few days and fixed the radio and the box but said they needed to order Exhaust Valve springs for the check engine light. Needless to say they had no idea when they could get the parts so they told me to drive the truck till they could get the parts. On August 20th they called me to tell me they finally recived the parts so I dropped the truck off and they had it till August 31st before they fixed it. Everything was all fine till Dec. 21st when the light came back on again. I then took the truck back again and they said they needed to replace the valve springs again so I left the truck and also asked them to check out the heater blower because it made some noise. I got the truck back on Jan 7 2005 and the blower motor wasn't fixed so I would have to take it back again for that. On Jan 13th I took the truck back for the heater motor to be replaced. Now that all of that is fixed it just seems like the truck has lost power... I called GM customer service and they tried giving me a 2 yr 24000 mile extended warranty but I don't think that is good enough for all the trouble I have had for buying a new truck. A few days went by and they called me back and after I mentioned something about the lemon law they told me there was nothing they could do for me and the warranty wasn't even a choice now..... Maybe I was wrong for mentioning the lemon law but I just don't think it's fair that you spend that kind of money on a truck with that many problems and that is all they can offer. Give me a break, Like they can't afford to offer something a little better....
dstodd02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 12:28 AM   #2
J-Ri
AF Enthusiast

Re: Chevy Colorado Issues

www.lemonlawamerica.com -
The law presumes that a reasonable number of attempts have been made if the dealer has made four repair attempts for the same problem or the vehicle has been out of service for 30 days or more within the first 18,000 miles or two years.

Go there and look furter into it. I'd say you have a strong case.
Poly engine/trans/control arm bushings
Self built and self programmed progressive methanol injection system
J-Ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:53 AM   #3
dstodd02
AF Newbie

Guess what? the service engine came back on again sometime mid February, so I took the truck back again Feb 21 for repair. They looked the truck over again and GM recommended them changing the exhaust valve springs again. With a little complaining they decided not to do that and have the district service manager come out and look over all the paper work on the truck. Needless to say he didn't want to replace the truck either so they ordered a new top end for it, which took a month to get in. Now I have the truck back but have contacted a lawyer about all of it. The lawyer is requesting all my money back for the truck due to it being out of service for more than 30 days within 18000 miles or 2 years whatever comes first. Now I just have to sit back and wait... I'll keep you all up to date.

Last edited by dstodd02; 04-08-2005 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Fixed a spelling error
Old 06-20-2005, 08:04 PM   #4
dstodd02
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Chevy Colorado Issues

Well when my lawyer first contacted GM they were quick to offer a couple thousand dollars and to extend my warranty. The lawyer and I decided that just wasn't enough. When you pay that kind of money for a truck they should back it 100% no question. It has been a couple of months and of course GM seems to be dragging there feet on this which really sucks because the truck still isn't running right, even though the check engine light didn't come back on it has stalled twice and just doesn't seem to have the power it used to. I was talking to the mechanic at the dealership where I bought it and he was telling me that they can't work on my truck until the case is solved whith GM. (I guess GM sent them a letter stating that I filed a claim against them) Hopefully this won't take to much time to settle on but I guess with GM being down like they are maybe they can't afford to admit they have a problem with the first colorados they came out with.....
Old 07-19-2005, 12:19 AM   #5
05Silveradov6
AF Newbie

Man let me tell you ' dstodd02 ' i had the same problem with my Colorado. I baught a 05 Colorado Xtreme and man it was straight trouble, the day i got the truck my power windows wint out next thing i know couple weeks later my engine light comes on i know exactly what you are talking about. I took it in man the techs dont kno wtf is up they said everything was good when that was not true cuz i got the truck back and it just started messing up worse. After my engine light came on and my truck clock was resetting to 12:00 there solution was just to replace my whole instrument panel cluster i was like wtf man trucks brand new barley 3weeks old and i had taken it in like 6times already. Finnaly the panel came in i was like ok cool man then my Mileage stoped counting i was like ok tahts it i took the truck back and asked the sales manager for a new one. Problem was that all the 05' colorados xtreme were sold out in all of So Cal so they were like we can give you a full refund of your money (24g's paid in full ) or look at a new car. So i was like man i want a Silverado so i went out in the lot picked up a silverado and have been oo so happy ever since.
05Silveradov6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:19 AM   #6
dstodd02
AF Newbie

Well after a long 7 months of fighting with GM they finally bought the Colorado back. I am a proud new owner of a 2006 H3 Hummer.. What a difference.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:03 AM   #7
tomlcollins
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstodd02
Well after a long 7 months of fighting with GM they finally bought the Colorado back. I am a proud new owner of a 2006 H3 Hummer.. What a difference.
You do realize that the H3 is basically a Colorado, right (in that it's entirely based on the same frame and with the same engine)?? I'm not trying to be a smart*ss, just didn't know if you knew it or not. Google H3, Colorado if you want more info....
Old 09-28-2005, 05:52 AM   #8
dstodd02
AF Newbie

I understand it is "basically" the same.. I loved the colorado I had I just hated the problems. I drove a few 05 Colorado's and a few H3 and the motor was night and day. My Colorado had major motor issues which is the reason i got rid of it...
Old 09-28-2005, 09:26 PM   #9
GMMerlin
I know stuff

He got a Colorado at a Hummer price

5 cylinder with tons of blind spots
GM WCT
Yea..I work at a DEALERSHIP....got a problem with that?

Want to diagnose cars like the Pros? FOR SALE: OTC Perception 2 channel Labscope (badged as a Matco Reality)
This is my personal labscope that I use to diagnose waveforms, like new, comes with leads and training video
PM Me for details
GMMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:13 PM   #10
foxybeagle
AF Newbie

I Have a 2005 colorado that has major brakes problems.Does anyone else?
foxybeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:37 PM   #11
sickcolorado
AF Newbie

does anyone know how to remove the rotors on an 04 colorado they have this weird line connected to the disk i got new rotors that i want to put on
sickcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:35 PM   #12
RalphT
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxybeagle

The only problem I have seen is warped rotors when overheating/fast braking and hard spots on the rotors. The are not the best quality.
RalphT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:38 PM   #13
RalphT
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickcolorado
does anyone know how to remove the rotors on an 04 colorado they have this weird line connected to the disk i got new rotors that i want to put on
The line is the antilock sensor. It needs to come off and put on the new rotor so it can read the encoder.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:56 PM   #14
jbaseballmom
AF Newbie

Angry Re: Chevy Colorado Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxybeagle
My daughters boyfriend just bought and wrecked his brand new 06 colorado. He was going around 35 and came to a stop sign and the truck did not stop. He did not even have the plates on the truck yet. He wraped the front end around a pole.
jbaseballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:09 PM   #15
RalphT
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaseballmom
My daughters boyfriend just bought and wrecked his brand new 06 colorado. He was going around 35 and came to a stop sign and the truck did not stop. He did not even have the plates on the truck yet. He wraped the front end around a pole.
Odd. Was his emergency brake bad too?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Colorado