Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info
How-to | Technical Info A wealth of information at your disposal.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 05:14 PM   #136
harvey manwarren
AF Newbie

Re: Airtex Fuel Pumps - Buyer Beware

Delphi Fuel Pump WENT Bankruptcy in 2006 and cut workers pay to $10 a hour. and people say there best out there . Airtex layed off about half of its Fairfield, Ill. workers people last year . delphi got 161,000 employees, ----5,000 are in the United States. AIRTEX is union made pumps - by union workers .
harvey manwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:31 PM   #137
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey manwarren View Post
Delphi Fuel Pump WENT Bankruptcy in 2006 and cut workers pay to $10 a hour. and people say there best out there . Airtex layed off about half of its Fairfield, Ill. workers people last year . delphi got 161,000 employees, ----5,000 are in the United States. AIRTEX is union made pumps - by union workers .
this is a good deal perhaps too good !!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AIRTEX-F...047?rmvSB=true
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:24 PM   #138
harvey manwarren
AF Newbie

-----J CAT -- 1,169 sold ON THAT AIRTEX PUMP -- WHAT i wonder about is how come None of THEM are in airtex boxs - just in bag in brown shipping box-- unless they ship better outside the airtex box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j cAT View Post
this is a good deal perhaps too good !!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AIRTEX-F...047?rmvSB=true
they sold over $50.000 worth of them on ebay.

Last edited by blazee; 01-28-2015 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:04 AM   #139
Rick Norwood
Big Tall Dumb Ass

Quote:
-----J CAT -- 1,169 sold ON THAT AIRTEX PUMP -- WHAT i wonder about is how come None of THEM are in airtex boxs - just in bag in brown shipping box-- unless they ship better outside the airtex box.
Obviously, someone figured out that the Boxes are worth more than the Pumps. You'd have to be a card carrying IDIOT to buy one of these pumps. AIRTEX FUEL PUMPS - BUYER BEWARE!
Old 01-23-2015, 07:10 AM   #140
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
they sold over $50.000 worth of them on ebay.
could be or most likely these are Chinese clones. the cost is just unbelievable low.

ac delco Chinese clone pumps and other ac delco products have been reported to be sold. one is the LT1 opti distributor.

advance auto has these airtex pumps at a much higher cost with a lifetime warranty and they state made in USA...

back in 2011 the reports of these airtex pumps performance was a disaster.. perhaps the pumps available at advance auto are the pumps that have better quality..
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:53 AM   #141
Rick Norwood
Big Tall Dumb Ass

Quote:
.. perhaps the pumps available at advance auto are the pumps that have better quality..

Well I guess you have to define better. Will the “Made in USA” Airtex garbage Pumps last 7 months instead of 6 months? If so, they’re better, Right?
I’d like to think that pumps made in the USA are better than those not made here. But going back to 2007 – 2010 when I tried the Airtex Junk, I don’t think the “fake look-alikes” were a factor. Two of them lasted less than 6 months, while the third was removed at 22 months, all in the same vehicle, a 2000 GMC Jimmy 4.3L V6.
To the best of my recollection, all of the Piece Of Crap Airtex Junk Pumps that I had installed in my Jimmy were “Made in the USA”, and I sincerely doubt that anything has changed.
Listen to Old Master, in the 4.3L V6 engines that most of the S-10 Blazers, Jimmy’s and Sonoma’s have, THE AIRTEX FUEL PUMPS DON’T MAKE THE GRADE. BUYER BEWARE!
Old 01-23-2015, 11:57 AM   #142
rkvons
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
could be or most likely these are Chinese clones. the cost is just unbelievable low.

ac delco Chinese clone pumps and other ac delco products have been reported to be sold. one is the LT1 opti distributor.

advance auto has these airtex pumps at a much higher cost with a lifetime warranty and they state made in USA...

back in 2011 the reports of these airtex pumps performance was a disaster.. perhaps the pumps available at advance auto are the pumps that have better quality..
Advance is where I got mine and I was shocked at how expensive it was. I needed my cat fixed now because it was hanging partway out of my garage, so I was desperate.
rkvons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:17 PM   #143
harvey manwarren
AF Newbie

the airtex i got said usa on it. but looking at them now. there no cheaper then the rest of the fuel pumps at most place's lately- and 3 times higher on ebay now too.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:40 AM   #144
Rick Norwood
Big Tall Dumb Ass

Quote:
the airtex i got said usa on it. but looking at them now. there no cheaper then the rest of the fuel pumps at most place's lately- and 3 times higher on ebay now too.
So, Why would you buy one when you could have an AC-Delco for the same price?

After dropping the Gas Tank every 6 months, I can only assume you would get real good at it and it would only take a couple of hours.

Airtex Fuel Pumps - Buyer Beware!
Old 01-24-2015, 03:50 PM   #145
harvey manwarren
AF Newbie

just lately the prices have went up - there cheap anymore . like they were .

not cheap anymore a lot places

1996 to 2003 gm have a lot fuel pumps go bad on them them -

Only Delphi branded parts are eligible for warranty.
• Some Delphi branded fuel pumps and modules are manufactured by suppliers other than Delphi. DELPHI SAID THAT ON THERE WARRANTY -- some people say some have airtex pumps in side of some of them .

Delphi is an original equipment brand that partners with other manufacturers to supply the parts your car was originally built with. This product is in a Delphi package, note that the part may have been manufactured by an independent Delphi supplier.
------------------- THE PUMP SAID AIRTEX fuel pump in a delphi box. The warranty card says to send defective products to airtex, not delphi

Last edited by blazee; 01-28-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:17 PM   #146
rkvons
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Norwood View Post
So, Why would you buy one when you could have an AC-Delco for the same price?

After dropping the Gas Tank every 6 months, I can only assume you would get real good at it and it would only take a couple of hours.

Airtex Fuel Pumps - Buyer Beware!
Go out on a Saturday or Sunday and try to buy an AC-Delco fuel pump and install it that same day. Other options. 1). Order one online and wait for it. 2). Go to a dealer and pay astronomical price and hope they have one in stock. 3). Keep one stocked in your garage for when your pump goes out. Hmmm...
Old 01-27-2015, 02:15 PM   #147
Rick Norwood
Big Tall Dumb Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkvons View Post
Go out on a Saturday or Sunday and try to buy an AC-Delco fuel pump and install it that same day. Other options. 1). Order one online and wait for it. 2). Go to a dealer and pay astronomical price and hope they have one in stock. 3). Keep one stocked in your garage for when your pump goes out. Hmmm...
O.K. go out on a Saturday or Sunday and buy an Airtex piece of crap Pump. Spend 3-6 hours or $300 - $400 getting it installed. Then in 6 months or less, when the Airtex Piece of Crap Pump goes BAD, you can do it again, and again 6 months after that, and again 6 months after that.

Funny thing about numbers and Airtex's bad quality, they never end.

It is your Car, Money, and Time, Choose wisely.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:37 PM   #148
Levithan9
AF Newbie

A a professional tech for 16 years....we called Airtex COME BACK IN A BOX.

Some techs refused to install them, unless they were guaranteed to get paid the same labor in 3-6 months.

From what I understand, AIRTEX was bought out by gates (I think) and so with Gates keeping the Airtex name on the box, but with Gates overseeing the quality, your prices on Airtex just went up.

W only use them when we've exhausted all other resources. Some vehicles, you just can't get OEM parts or OEM quality....and so, Airtex is your only answer.

And trust me....we're bitching and complaining thru the whole job.
Levithan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Levithan9 For This Useful Post:
Rick Norwood (01-27-2015)
Old 01-27-2015, 08:41 PM   #149
harvey manwarren
AF Newbie

...Dodge Dakota. ... I ordered an AC Delco pump and it came with a carter pump in the box ...
Old 01-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #150
rkvons
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Norwood View Post
O.K. go out on a Saturday or Sunday and buy an Airtex piece of crap Pump. Spend 3-6 hours or $300 - $400 getting it installed. Then in 6 months or less, when the Airtex Piece of Crap Pump goes BAD, you can do it again, and again 6 months after that, and again 6 months after that.

Funny thing about numbers and Airtex's bad quality, they never end.

It is your Car, Money, and Time, Choose wisely.
You know, I get your point. But I guess you don't get mine. I did what you are saying to do. It's been three years with the Airtex pump. I also have a '98 Pontiac Montana. The fuel guage went out on it also. So I thought to myself, hmmm, I will order the a new fuel level sending unit and have it on hand. So I dropped the tank and pulled the pump assembly out and replaced the sender unit and put it all back in again. Been working ever since. Still the original Fuel pump with 178K miles on it. I agree that OEM is the best. Car manufacturers have their reputation on the line. But sometimes, due to the overall circumstances, it is easier/cheaper/smarter to go with what is available at the time you need it. In my case, my car was hanging halfway out of my garage on jack stands. I needed to get it together and I could NOT get an AC Delco pump for it that day. Now with all the talk about AC Delco pumps not even being AC Delco pumps, I really have my doubts.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info