Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
mkdons4eva
AF Newbie

Cd player wont turn on!

Hello, new to this forum!

Right, i have a Clio, 1.2 1998.

When i brought the car it had a JVC cd player in it, it was working fine for about 4 months, then recently it has started to turn itself off. I would be driving, listening to music and it would turn itself off, but i when i pressed the power on button it would turn back on straight away. Anyway, i got sick off this, and decided to change the cd player (as i thought it was a fault with the cd player that was broken)

Me and a mate removed the cd player, and placed my spare one in, a sony one. When the igntion first starts, you can hear the cd player has power, as it will make a noise when it starts up, however, there just seems to be no power to the front plate, looks completely dead. So, i thought maybe the CD player was dead, and we tried a 3rd cd player, but nothing, no power to this one either.

We checked the fuse in the cd player, and the one in the car, and its fine, and have had a look at the wiring in the back of the cd player, all is inserted into correct place.

What else can i try? Is it a case of stripping the power cable out? This is a job that i dont know how to do myself. What i cant understand is that the Sony cd has power as you can hear it power up when i start the igniton, but nothing happens when you press any of the buttons.

Iv put the JVC one back in, (the one that was turning off when i was driving) and that wont even turn on at all now!

Is there a simple solution? Or is this going to be a big job?
mkdons4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
Re: Cd player wont turn on!

sounds like the accessory power wire is good and the constant one is bad. Have you looked at the fuses under the dash too. Becareful when changing CD players, not all of them have the same wiring color scheme.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
PaulD
Audio Guy

sounds like the accessory power wire is good and the constant one is bad. Have you looked at the fuses under the dash too. Becareful when changing CD players, not all of them have the same wiring color scheme.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #4
PaulD
Audio Guy