Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 01:02 AM   #1
drvngstorm05
AF Enthusiast

new respect for mr2's, and learned what i already knew bout bikes...

was traveling north on I-75 today, south of gainsville and i ran into a older toyota mr2... well i wasn't gonna take the time to race him initially, but he reved it and i heard his blow off valve, and i knew it might be worth my time... well just before we get to take off a yellow bike pulls up on my right side while the mr2 is on my left...

we are goin bout 90mph, i'm still staring at the bike and the mr2 takes off... i downshift into 4th and punch it, the bike takes off bout the same time i do, about at 5000 rpm my car goes blowing past the mr2... and at that point i'm still dead even w/ the bike... then i make my 5th gear shift and he just burns away from me... i knew it was gonna happen i was just surprised how long i kept up w/ him...

afterwards all three of each other gave nods and thumbs up and stuff, then just cruised for the rest of the time...

but i have a new respect for mr2's, that damn toyota was fast, i never expected him to be anywhere near me, even turbocharged... the bike was an obvious loss to me... although it may not take too many more mods to run even closer to crotch rockets

'92 RS lt1/t56, lt4 hot cam, 30lb injectors, 54mm throttle body, full exhaust, 4.11 posi, 4 coil ignition, alluminum driveshaft, adj rear suspension, low. springs, electric water pump, custom tune.
drvngstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 01:04 AM   #2
Rally Sport
Is eating.

Send a message via AIM to Rally Sport Send a message via MSN to Rally Sport
Dude I bet the guy on the bike was not expecting you to keep up with him. So bike and Toyo =
Old 08-14-2005, 08:11 AM   #3
skibum1111
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to skibum1111 Send a message via Yahoo to skibum1111
Depends on how big the bike is. I have not seen a street legal car that is capable of keeping up with an R1 in an acceleration fight, never mind top speed, same thing with the GSXR's. They are just too damn fast if the rider is experienced. Pretty much anything 600 and under can be owned by a car, but once you hit that 750 threshold, its a whole different story. Still, good kill on the mr2, they are pretty quick with the 4AGZE motor in them.
skibum1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:29 AM   #4
92zcamaroperson
AF Enthusiast

Re: new respect for mr2's, and learned what i already knew bout bikes...

I would be scared to open one of those things up at low speeds. Maybe once moving but even then. So much power and so little weight the thing could throw you so fast. I wouldnt mind a 250 or 600 though. Nice and sporty. Those arent too crazy. I was downtown and was strolling through the car and bike gathering that was going on and a guy had a gsx1300r ...a hyaboosa(wrong spelling) And you could tell he had tinkered with it. It wasnt good enough for the guy to have one of the fastest production bikes ever made, he messed with it and then put nitrous on it!!. Im like your nuts!! That bike is probably pushing more horsepower than my car and weighs probably a sixth of the total weight of my car. Nasty stuff going on there. And the mr2's.....i know nothing about them but good kill all the same...

waiting in the garage - LQ4, milled heads 317 casting (10.5 to 1), hardened pushrods, ported LS6 oil pump, manley dual spings with titanium retainers, MTI X1 cam, hawks longtube headers
92zcamaroperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:34 AM   #5
skibum1111
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to skibum1111 Send a message via Yahoo to skibum1111
Bone stock GSXR 1350R had a reported top speed of 196 mph, what the hell do you need that much speed for? A mosquito would throw you off the bike at that speed.... And he made it faster? My emt buddy calls them portable organ donors.
skibum1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:52 AM   #6
Viper_Storm
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Viper_Storm Send a message via MSN to Viper_Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum1111
Bone stock GSXR 1350R had a reported top speed of 196 mph, what the hell do you need that much speed for? A mosquito would throw you off the bike at that speed.... And he made it faster? My emt buddy calls them portable organ donors.
yep, and the shinny badassed painted helmet is just so they can find your head after the accident.

Money talks, But all mine ever says is Goodbye
~Viper

"twospirts" / "TS" - Definition: Obsolete
Viper_Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:21 AM   #7
Link85x
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: new respect for mr2's, and learned what i already knew bout bikes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper_Storm
yep, and the shinny badassed painted helmet is just so they can find your head after the accident.
LOL! Thats mad funny.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:14 AM   #8
philly rs
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to philly rs

well last night in st. pete a guy wrecked his bike into the back of a tow truck at 100 mph. i was like that poor bastard....people said he was diping in and out of traffic at speeds up to 100mph, then he ate the back of the truck. the driver said all he saw was a bike slide by the truck with no driver..smh. what a way to go right. those things are not safe at all when u are driving like a damn fool, i want one but its wise that i waited untill im as old as i am to think of really getting one, my younger days i would have been that guy driving like a damn fool untill mu luck run out. now and days i think ill drive the bike safer than i drive my car

Quote:
Your import sounds like my ass after a night of mexican food..

And spraying aint cheating, its brining a gun to a knife fight!!

yeah, its a v6 RS...never mind the f1 badges lol
HYPSI87 u will be missed
philly rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:24 AM   #9
Viper_Storm
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: new respect for mr2's, and learned what i already knew bout bikes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly rs
the driver said all he saw was a bike slide by the truck with no driver..smh.
i would have liked to see that... the bike sliding by and then i hop out and see this dude cut in half from the tow truck lift (if a flat bed) or plasterd to the back of the truck (reg tow truck or any other ride).

yea, id like one of those super fast bikes, like maybe 1000cc or more but id be dead before i even got it off the lot... id prob hit a curb or something going to fast then do and endo then they bike would land on me.

~Viper

Old 08-14-2005, 01:06 PM   #10
Link85x
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: new respect for mr2's, and learned what i already knew bout bikes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper_Storm
i would have liked to see that... the bike sliding by and then i hop out and see this dude cut in half from the tow truck lift (if a flat bed) or plasterd to the back of the truck (reg tow truck or any other ride).

yea, id like one of those super fast bikes, like maybe 1000cc or more but id be dead before i even got it off the lot... id prob hit a curb or something going to fast then do and endo then they bike would land on me.
LOL! My stomach hurts! Those bikes are fast as shit. I made the mistake of tryin to run one once, but i never stood a chance at all.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:56 PM   #11
philly rs
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to philly rs

it was a flat bed, and i think he tried to lay it down but the impact killed him, i didnt read the story yet i saw it on the 11pm news it was crazy as hell.

Quote:
Your import sounds like my ass after a night of mexican food..

And spraying aint cheating, its brining a gun to a knife fight!!

yeah, its a v6 RS...never mind the f1 badges lol
HYPSI87 u will be missed
philly rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 03:40 PM   #12
Rally Sport
Is eating.

I've seen too many guys just go like over 100 or so on their crotch rocket, then just end up dead the next day on the news. Which is really why I wont get one because even though I consider myself to be REALLY lucky, I just wont do it I do want to get one though, because i've seen alot of guys just cruise like in groups and I want to do that too cause it looks cool. But I know I wont be weaving in and out of traffic just to do that, Thats what I got my car for.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:22 PM   #13
Viper_Storm
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally Sport 92
I've seen too many guys just go like over 100 or so on their crotch rocket, then just end up dead the next day on the news. Which is really why I wont get one because even though I consider myself to be REALLY lucky, I just wont do it I do want to get one though, because i've seen alot of guys just cruise like in groups and I want to do that too cause it looks cool. But I know I wont be weaving in and out of traffic just to do that, Thats what I got my car for.
yea crusing around with others is prob the only real reason i want one to, its pretty cool to be in a group of like 50 ppl just go down the street, like everyone looks

~Viper

Old 08-14-2005, 08:08 PM   #14
Rally Sport
Is eating.

Im not talking about BIG groups like that, more like a group of like 3-6 or so people, those are cool. Just friends.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:21 PM   #15
Viper_Storm
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally Sport 92
Im not talking about BIG groups like that, more like a group of like 3-6 or so people, those are cool. Just friends.
how many ppl do you know with a bike? i want one of those ninja 12rr's they look sweet. but it seems they only come in black but thats cool, its my fav color anyway.

~Viper

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions