Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 09:26 AM   #1
Ion Pulse
AF Enthusiast

Thumbs down Scion is EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scion is just generation domination by Toyota!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It wants to lure you into its clutches from L-Plate cradel to motoring grave. You see, Lexus looks after those who aspire for something with a bit more kudos but dont want a Merc or Beemer. Then there the uni-shifiting workaday Toyota: practical, reliable motors from a decent if slightly bland company. Now there a third way, Scion. A way to catch buyers early and brainwash them into the Toyota way of thinking. Scion- meaning 'descendant' or 'heir'- does exactly that. Scion is just a way to get people to buy Toyotas for ever.

Old 07-24-2004, 04:40 PM   #2
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Scion is EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good marketing!! and i think toyota isn't a decent of slightly bland company they are a great company.. sure they maybe out of the sportscar bix for a lil bit bu tthey'll come back.. and currently they are a HUGE company in the automotive world must be one of the top companies.. scion is only making it better
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 03:54 PM   #3
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ

They are a very good company. They are kinda bland to the younger generations, that's why they came out with this Scion line. I don't know what the hell you're talking about "brainwashing" and so on...

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 04:13 AM   #4
NerveAgent
AF Enthusiast

Right now sports cars are just making a come back. Toyota will come back with something just wait. Also remember toyotas' main consumer isn't ppl that wants AWD turbo charged 4 bangers. Its ppl that want reliable cheap cars. Hence making "scion" with a camry engine. Your average teenager wouldn't want a 2004/5 Camry like their moms'. But a scion, sure. Just don't tell them their mothers engine is in the car. Well im not too sure about the potenial of this engine.. im getting carried away.. nvm
NerveAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 11:18 PM   #5
ProShift
AF Regular

IonPulse u think a PT cruiser is nice soo u should not be talking about anything being evil
ProShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 04:56 AM   #6
Ion Pulse
AF Enthusiast

What is sooooooooooo wrong with the PT-Cruiser?

It looks a hell of a lot better than any Scion, the Xb is a tissue box on wheels. It looks like a Nissan Cube copy. Sad no originality...........
Old 08-03-2004, 08:22 PM   #7
LTJGWorth
AF Regular

Whats that new car from Scion that you can "customize"? I'd drive that car. It's pretty cool looking. And the whole brainwashing thing, no. They aren't doing anything any different than GM (who has Chevrolet, GMC, Cadilac, AM General [makers of Hummer], Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Buick, Holden [Australian branch of GM], Saab, Saturn, Vauxhall [British branch of GM], Opel [European branch of GM] and they have their hands in Fiat, Fuji/Subaru, Izuzu, and Suzuki). They are simply trying to sell more cars then their competators. And I could go on to talk about Ford, Johnson & Johnson, ect. Every big company is the same.
LTJGWorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:15 PM   #8
Colema62
AF Newbie

Thats hilarious

Your funny dude. You think toyota is brainwashing people to buy their cars! Toyota is appealing to younger buyers so that they can appreciate a cheaper car that still looks good and drives great and has excellent quality. If they are "brainwashing" people, I say good, cause at least these "brainwashed" people are getting an excellent, reliable car that will last them 250,000 miles and beyond. I currently drive a 1991 Toyota Celica, that has 285,000 miles on it, and still runs like the day it was made. If I am "Brainwashed" by toyota, THANK GOD, cause I'm saving a shitload more money than you are if you like PT cruisers.
Colema62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 07:01 PM   #9
MomsBoxxRocks
AF Newbie

Re: Thats hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colema62
Toyota is appealing to younger buyers so that they can appreciate a cheaper car that still looks good and drives great and has excellent quality. If they are "brainwashing" people, I say good, cause at least these "brainwashed" people are getting an excellent, reliable car that will last them 250,000 miles and beyond. I currently drive a 1991 Toyota Celica, that has 285,000 miles on it, and still runs like the day it was made. If I am "Brainwashed" by toyota, THANK GOD, cause I'm saving a shitload more money than you are if you like PT cruisers.

I agree with you (Colema62) and the others that are for Toyota. But, I am a firm believer that everone has a right to their own opinions, so that is why I am putting in my two cents because I have a 2005 Scion XB. It is a month old and I am glad I made my purchase.

Though, I'm not in the "younger" generation, so to speak, I like it because we needed a bigger car for our family. I had a convertible (which I traded in for my box) and I had to deal with putting a 9mo. old in a back seat everyday. Now that I have my "tissue box", "box on wheels", "toaster" or whatever 'ionpulse' wants to call them, I save on gas, the cargo room is more than enough, with lots of extras added and all for UNDER $21 grand.

I went for the price as well saving on gas and it doesn't have that "typical" family mobile look to it. I'm a mom (but not your typical mom) and I would rather drive a box than a "soccer mom" minivan or a gas guzzling SUV. The "box" is small and though it may not have a lot of power, it gets me to where I need to go and back and it sure does get a lot of "what kind of car is that?" looks.

With the economy the way it is, we should be happy that people are buying cars...no matter what kind or who made it.

Thanks for letting share my opinion...and thank you Toyota for your Scion Division.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:07 AM   #10
Ion Pulse
AF Enthusiast

Your Xb is'nt that economical, well suppose you do live in America where you dont have much choice of good economical small cars. In the UK and Europe many cars could easily beat your Scion on economy.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:18 AM   #11
Underground_Killah
AF Enthusiast

well i'm in the US, and granted, i don't like the first 2 scions, it's no reason to bash them completely... i mean there's a joke here in mobile about them... "The Good Lord has a sence of humor, just look at the scion xa!"
but it's not 'brainwashing" it's marketing. Brilliant marketing at that. I'm actually a dispiser of toyota as well... i hate them, and probubly will never drive one, but i do respect them doing something new and creative... the scion tC is maybe the only toyota car i'd put my hands on and it's only because it's really cool looking (not much on speed... beat one in my J30t) but it's just an all around fun looking car. Whomever thinks that the PT Cruiser is "cool looking" you needa lay off the jack daniels.

R.I.P. Hypsi87, A.k.a. Andy Filson
Underground_Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:49 PM   #12
Andydg
AF Enthusiast

Ion Pulse...You really need to not talk trash about how other people's car's looks when looking at your sig. you have 3 hideous cars with a caption saying- "GORGEOUS CARS"
Andydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 03:58 PM   #13
ProShift
AF Regular

Those three cars are for people that are over the hill.... if your not an old man u should not say they are gorgeous because the look like they are manufactured for the old folks homes
Old 08-23-2004, 10:09 PM   #14
MomsBoxxRocks
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion Pulse
Your Xb is'nt that economical, well suppose you do live in America where you dont have much choice of good economical small cars. In the UK and Europe many cars could easily beat your Scion on economy.

Actually, I do live in America and I can care less if the UK/European cars can beat my Scion economically. I bought it for me and my family and we LOVE it!

I can easily put down the PT and those who drive it, but I'm not going to stoop to your level because unlike you, I have class. And being a mom, if I don't have anything nice to say, I'm not going to say it at all. Though, I do believe everyone has a right to their own opinions, but enough is enough already. You made your point, but it is not going to change my mind or the other Scion driver's minds to get rid of our cars or think less of our "toasters", "milk trucks", "box on wheels", "Nissan Cube Copy" or whatever you want to call it.

I came across this forum to meet other Scion enthusiasts. So, why don't you just leave it at that because you are really starting to get annoying.
MomsBoxxRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 10:56 PM   #15
trexx85
AF Newbie

im gonna add my 2 cents to this discussion. the scions are well built cars for the money, toyota does not make crap and the proof is inthe pudding so to speak as i have 93' camry xle v6 and it rides like a dream after 11 years. not one major problem and nothing besides regular maintinence was ever done. heck i even had a front end accident and it still drives wonderfully after it was fixed.

oh and about chrysler, if you really knew anything about cars that would not be your fav. car unless it was only b/c of the way it looks. chrysler has made someof the worst cars for over 10 year now. i dare you to go to a tranny shop and count how many chrysler/jeep/benz's you see...
trexx85 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > General Discussion