Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Explorer | Explorer Sport Trac
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
LilBitEG
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to LilBitEG Send a message via Yahoo to LilBitEG
Dash Lights & Battery Light

I just bought a 95 Explorer and there are a couple of things I need to get done. The lights on the left side of my dash and steering wheel won't light and the battery light keeps flashing on and off when the lights are on. I put a new battery in it the other day and had the alternator tested when it was installed and was told it was fine. Where should I start? Fuses or? Thanks.
LilBitEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:10 AM   #2
fomoco1912
AF Newbie

Re: Dash Lights & Battery Light

You need to remove the instrument panel and change the main bulbs which the black one's and make sure you disconnect the gear shift indicator wire from under the dash so you don't brake it .
fomoco1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: Dash Lights & Battery Light

I think FoMoCo has you covered on the bulbs. For the flashing battery light I'd suggest you first make sure all the wiring between the alternator and battery is clean and tight, not just the power wires but also the ground cable from battery to chassis/engine block. Make sure the connection to the fuse/relay distribution block is also clean and tight. If that doesn't fix the light, then you might need to get out the multimeter and test the charging system under varying conditions, particularly when starting. On more than one occasion I've experienced those quick testers stating a battery or alternator is good when in actual use it proves out otherwise.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
dash , electrical , lights , problem
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Explorer | Explorer Sport Trac