Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 3
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
sl18
AF Newbie

2008 Mazda 3 wont start - freaking out

So I know I have a heating problem, my car reaches the H quite fast.. reading from other post it seems its a thermostat issue that needs to be changed.. My appointment at my garage is monday morning... had it before this happened)

I was running hot last night, REALLY low on gas and on the highway I started hearing a kinda of DRR DRR DRRR as I was pressing the accelerator and it wouldnt accelerate. Eventually everything stopped, the wheel locked and everything shut down. I tried to start it back (I heard some kind of TACK TACK TACK) and some white smoke came out of the exhaust with a very weird and strong smell.

I called CAA I put for 10$ worth of gas and it still wouldnt start. (been towed at the garage already)

Are my 2 problems related? Or am I looking at a simple running out of gas situation or something much more complicated?

Noise I heard when I try to start it sounds kinda like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoWZz1ckRGw

Need some $$ figure as well... Im freaking out!

Thans so much!
sl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:34 AM   #2
Soxcar
AF Newbie

Re: 2008 Mazda 3 wont start - freaking out

I would say it looks like you might of blown a head gasket.
The strong smell would be antifreeze, the white smoke a combination of antifreeze and water that has gotten into the combustion chamber(s) from the head gasket.

Never continue to drive your vehicle at any signs of over heating. So much damage can occur from it. You will need an oil change as well. You've most likely cooked your oil as well as contaminated it with antifreeze.

Estimate if it is the head gasket, $1100 to $1500.
Soxcar is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 3