Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Specialty 'Stangs
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Specialty 'Stangs Are you a Saleen, Shelby, or Rousch enthusiast? If so, this is your forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 12:53 AM   #1
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

2006 Shelby GT-H

Forty years ago, Carroll Shelby and The Hertz Corporation came up with an ingenious plan to help get a batch of high-performance, special-edition Shelby Mustangs (the GT350H) into the hands of rental customers who also happened to be car enthusiasts. Ford supplied the new Mustangs with V-8 engines and mostly automatic transmissions, Shelby added extra performance and style, and Hertz gave the public access to the kind of unique driving experience that one would normally only find on a racetrack.

Press release

4-12-2006

- Shelby GT-H commemorates 40-year anniversary of famed Shelby/Hertz GT350H "Rent-A-Racer"

- Shelby, Ford Racing give Mustang GT V-8/automatics extra "show," added "go" to make Shelby GT-H

- A special run of about 500 units will be available for rent exclusively through the Hertz Fun Collection at select airport locations

- GT-H packs Ford Racing performance, handling in hot Shelby looks, classic Black & Gold Hertz livery

http://seriouswheels.com/top-2006-Fo...-H-Mustang.htm
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:51 AM   #2
01L2Cobra
AF Regular

Re: 2006 Shelby GT-H

Old 04-17-2006, 07:20 PM   #3
SVTcobra306
AF Enthusiast

I like it.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mccobra94

1995 F-150 SC/4X4 351W/E4OD, K&N, Custom Exhaust w/Flowmaster.

Freedom Isn't Free.
SVTcobra306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:05 PM   #4
01L2Cobra
AF Regular

You can order GT with the handling pack and power pack and it’s basically the same thing. There is nothing truly "SPECIAL" about it.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
SVTcobra306
AF Enthusiast

Hater ^^^^

Freedom Isn't Free.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:44 PM   #6
01L2Cobra
AF Regular

Nope I just don’t see the point of calling something “special” when you can order basically the same car from Ford for less. You just end up paying for the Shelby name which IMHO isn’t worth the price of the little chrome plastic letter that spell his name.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:33 PM   #7
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01L2Cobra
You can order GT with the handling pack and power pack and it’s basically the same thing. There is nothing truly "SPECIAL" about it.
Are the handling pack and power pack brand-new options that haven't been updated to Ford's website?

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:36 AM   #8
01L2Cobra
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar D-Type
Are the handling pack and power pack brand-new options that haven't been updated to Ford's website?

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/
Give it up you know nothing.

The packs have been out almost as long as the S197 Mustang.
http://www.fordracingparts.com/perfo...cepackages.asp
Old 04-21-2006, 05:11 PM   #9
SVTcobra306
AF Enthusiast

So I guess since they were offered from FRPP then my GT-40X heads, TKO500 tranny, 3:73 rear gears, aluminum driveshaft, headers, and '95 R wheels can be considered dealer installed now, huh? Cool, I have a stock motor with a cam and nitrous! lol

Dude, you're annoying. Then again, I don't own a BMW so I guess I know nothing.

Freedom Isn't Free.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:43 PM   #10
01L2Cobra
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTcobra306
So I guess since they were offered from FRPP then my GT-40X heads, TKO500 tranny, 3:73 rear gears, aluminum driveshaft, headers, and '95 R wheels can be considered dealer installed now, huh? Cool, I have a stock motor with a cam and nitrous! lol
And was all of that dealer installed? With a warranty? The packs are.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:46 PM   #11
6speed
AF Regular

dude when did you start the i hate ford fanclub? i know you have a bimmer now but your just fueling the stereotype lately. seriously why stick around if you dont have anything good to say ever? people dont wanna come on here to read this stuff all the time...
6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:04 PM   #12
01L2Cobra
AF Regular

I don’t hate Ford. What I hate is how their North American line up is filled with crap and so called “special editions” that really aren’t special or don’t have much to them at all. It’s also the sloppy half assed attempts to try and get people to buy a product biased upon looks and claims that steer you from the truth AKA the old smoke and mirror trick. Not a well thought out refined product line. Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury have all blurred in to the same basic line up with no real distinction between them once you get passed looks. There seems to be no money to go around to improve upon the existing or previous products so they cut corners. Look at the LS it was the best car in the Lincoln line up and there is no real replacement since there is no Ford equivalent. Now talk to me about the Euro Focus and the FPV line and you will see that I don’t hate Ford at all. For example one car that I like because of what they did is the Euro Focus convertible hardtop. It’s going to be the cheapest convertible hardtop out there plus it looks great for a Focus. They were able to do this because it is being built on the same platform as the Volvo S40 and not the old platform that the ones here are still being built on. The North American Focus isn’t scheduled to get that same platform until 2010. I think Bill Ford needs to do is to learn from their Euro lines and to FPV and see what they are doing differently. Here is something to sit down and think about, the C6 Z06 with its 505hp 7.0L skirts the gas guzzler tax while Ford just can’t do that with the GT500. Honestly the 2 ton 500hp $50K “flagship” is in a niche market that wont last long with increasing gas prices.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:38 PM   #13
syr74
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01L2Cobra
I don’t hate Ford. What I hate is how their North American line up is filled with crap and so called “special editions” that really aren’t special or don’t have much to them at all. It’s also the sloppy half assed attempts to try and get people to buy a product biased upon looks and claims that steer you from the truth AKA the old smoke and mirror trick. Not a well thought out refined product line. Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury have all blurred in to the same basic line up with no real distinction between them once you get passed looks. There seems to be no money to go around to improve upon the existing or previous products so they cut corners. Look at the LS it was the best car in the Lincoln line up and there is no real replacement since there is no Ford equivalent. Now talk to me about the Euro Focus and the FPV line and you will see that I don’t hate Ford at all. For example one car that I like because of what they did is the Euro Focus convertible hardtop. It’s going to be the cheapest convertible hardtop out there plus it looks great for a Focus. They were able to do this because it is being built on the same platform as the Volvo S40 and not the old platform that the ones here are still being built on. The North American Focus isn’t scheduled to get that same platform until 2010. I think Bill Ford needs to do is to learn from their Euro lines and to FPV and see what they are doing differently. Here is something to sit down and think about, the C6 Z06 with its 505hp 7.0L skirts the gas guzzler tax while Ford just can’t do that with the GT500. Honestly the 2 ton 500hp $50K “flagship” is in a niche market that wont last long with increasing gas prices.
Wow, that seals it. The GT500 gets hit with a gas guzzler tax...what were they thinking? Of course, building a 500hp 2+2 for 40k is exactly like building a 65k sports car. And it's not as though employing the same ridiculous skip shift the normal C6 utilizes to skip that gas tax seems laughable on a "supercar. Oh wait, it does. The skip shift is irritating enough in a regular C6 for me to know that there is now way I'm putting up with it in a 70k car.

As for the GT500 not lasting long with gas prices near 3 dollars a gallon.....you mind backing that up with something other than your opinion. Because, frankly, that doesn't have much value for me.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:18 AM   #14
Underground_Killah
AF Enthusiast

if you can afford a gt500 the last thing on your mind is gas prices.

R.I.P. Hypsi87, A.k.a. Andy Filson
Underground_Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:56 PM   #15
01L2Cobra
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground_Killah
if you can afford a gt500 the last thing on your mind is gas prices.
Nope the last thing on my mind if I can afford a GT500 at dealer markup is buying a GT500. At those kinds of prices I can get a new Z06 on the highend and a new M3 with Dinan mods on the lowend.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Specialty 'Stangs