Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Cavalier Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Cavalier Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? We can help.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
STEVE099
AF Newbie

1998 cavalier 2.2 stalls @ stop

I have a 98 cav rs 2.2L. When I come to a stop or am just starting off the engine will begin to putter and struggle to stay on. When this happens the brake pedal goes limp and presses down to the floor with no resistance. Last time this happend I rolled out in to traffic. Happens more frequently/intensley with AC on. Also, this puttering/struggling of the engine also happens when coming from a stop if I gently apply the gas pedal. When I push further down on the pedal however the car will run fine. I have no trouble at long distances or highway speeds. The car is giving out no codes which has made the diagnosis very difficult. I could really use some help.
STEVE099 is offline   Reply With Quote