Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 01:11 PM   #1
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95
Could I use the Venom 400 With an Apexi V-AFC controller?

Hey, just recently installed a venom400. I bought it off a friend with the same set up as my car. So I don't have to worry about overpriced horsepower. Anyway, on my car I have intake and exhaust, blah blah. So I wanted to buy a V-AFC. But I wasn't too sure if I could use both of them together. I tried calling the Venom Performance line and all i got was "I don't know ask our tech". So I figured I'd ask someone else who has knowlegde of it. Well, thanks!!!
CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 01:43 PM   #2
turbo2nr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
Re: Could I use the Venom 400 With an Apexi V-AFC controller?

ok so you are asking if you can use to kinds of fuel managment?... if you want to you can but i say why waste your $ most people use a afc.. when upgrading injectors to get the ecu to recongise the new injectors and make your motor run efficantly..

Shift_BOOST
97 s14
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 05:53 PM   #3
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Thourun

Are you hitting fuel cut with just intake and exhaust?... thought not, then how would TWO fuel management ad-ons help you? I looked at their site and they claim a 25% gain in power with just fuel management.... something's screwy there, I'd try and sell it like your friend did.
Installed: ESP front precat eliminating downpipe, test pipe, RF-1008 K&N, Dejon tool Y pipe, 1G DSM BOV, MSD wires, Guted rear pre cat, ISSPRO EV Marine boost gauge, IPO MBC, EGR blockoffs, Palm m515 dataloger setup, NGK iridium plugs, SPEC stage II clutch 500ft/lb, 5300k HID plug and play setup.

Soon:Topline Engineering ground wires.
Thourun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 11:26 PM   #4
-Jayson-
AF Enthusiast

umm actually a guy on jbody.org tested one these on a 2.4l engine, he gained a massive 1HP!! Also if you ever read what the program actually does, it just tells the computer your pushing the throttle harder than what you really are. You could have saved yourself some money and just pushed harder on the throttle. . .

SouthEast Ecotec Enthusiast
-Jayson- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 12:24 PM   #5
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95

I haven't purchased the V-AFC yet. Just wanted to know if I could. Actually with the venom 400 there is a difference. But maybe I will sell it. Just wanted to ask to see if it might actually work. I've wanted to get a V-afc for a long time. Just don't have much money these days. Thanks guys I appreciate the info!
CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 02:47 PM   #6
SpaceManSpiff
AF Enthusiast

I've read that the 400 is pretty pointless. Apperantly, it's ok if you're using nitrous, but pointless if you aren't. I might be wrong though, cause it's just what I've read on the net.

And you don't need an AFC with just i/e. You'll need to either spend lots of time or money tuning it, and you don't need it. There are better ways to get hp if all you have is i/e. Maybe a header? How about a high flow cat? You won't need an AFC untill you get into either FI or cams or other internals.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:11 PM   #7
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

I agree with everyone on here. I'm not sure how much more HP your ecu can adjust to, but I'm sure your not making it yet. I would only recommend spending the money if you are planning FI, nitrous, internal work, ect. I believe most stock injectors are only at 70% duty cycle and can be run up to 90% safely so you are good up to roughly 20% more power. Don't hold me to that, but I'm pretty sure its right. As for venom400, its a great paperweight. As for any kind of performance enhancer, POS. Some people actually don't push the pedal to the floor, so this kinda helps them out. Its the equivalent of putting a 1" thick block on your gas pedal. I can't believe they charge $300 for that thing. Highway robbery.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing