Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > Cross Country/XC70/XC90
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-06-2001, 06:05 PM   #1
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

X-Country

This is probably one of the best volvos you can buy..... why hasn't anybody else put a thread on here?

what would you guys rather have a Cross-Country or an S80?

If i had a family the cross country would be one of the best wagons to get.... but an S80 T6 does sound like a nice ride , that's what i'd choose without a family
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 04:12 AM   #2
ChristopherJ
AF Newbie

I'am a big fan of the Cross Country too. If our family fell into a heap of money, I'd love to get one. It makes sense because it has plenty of room, power, and looks better than most big 4WD's and wouldn't be so daunting to drive. Fuel Consumption would have to be better too. I hope Volvo put the new D5 Diesel in it, this would be the best combination. In fact my dream XC would have:

Biggest D5 Diesel engine or V70-R engine
6sp Manual Transmission
V70-R Paint Job and Wheels...
ChristopherJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 03:30 AM   #3
wagon
AF Newbie

i love XC too, and i start to love the XC 90 ...
Old 10-28-2002, 05:34 PM   #4
Lambo LM002
AF Newbie

I love the XC too
its the best volvo ever made
Old 02-10-2003, 12:26 AM   #5
Ranger_X
AF Enthusiast

My parents just got an 02 XC. Amazing car!!!
Ranger_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 01:24 PM   #6
ThomasBe
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to ThomasBe Send a message via MSN to ThomasBe
With x-country do you mean the XC-70 or 90. Just love the 70, to bad I can't aford one myself
Old 03-12-2003, 01:35 PM   #7
Ranger_X
AF Enthusiast

I think most ppl here were reffering to the 70.

I was, and you can tell cause the XC90 is only 03-up.

The 70 is awesome. for 03 I believe they increased power output of the LPT I5 too. I've driven the 02 on horrible roads, and it stuck to the ground over all sorts of crap, aided by the stock pirelli scorpions of course . The 5 speed geartronic is quite responsive for a semi-auto, and in full auto mode, the tranny is smooth shifting and changes shift patterns due to memory and driving style. I could go on about all sorts of things great about this car, it's truly a MUCH better choice than almost any SUV out there.
Old 08-16-2003, 02:00 AM   #8
SuBaRuRuLeS
AF Newbie

Re: X-Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by gang$tarr
If i had a family the cross country would be one of the best wagons to get

I would not say that
Old 10-14-2003, 10:13 PM   #9
V70
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to V70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_X
I think most ppl here were reffering to the 70.

I was, and you can tell cause the XC90 is only 03-up.

The 70 is awesome. for 03 I believe they increased power output of the LPT I5 too. I've driven the 02 on horrible roads, and it stuck to the ground over all sorts of crap, aided by the stock pirelli scorpions of course . The 5 speed geartronic is quite responsive for a semi-auto, and in full auto mode, the tranny is smooth shifting and changes shift patterns due to memory and driving style. I could go on about all sorts of things great about this car, it's truly a MUCH better choice than almost any SUV out there.
Well i could sit hear and tell you all about the XC70 the good ,the bad and the ugly. but i dont realy want to type a 25 page leter about this so i will just high light it. The XC70 is a fine ride but with all cars it has faults. This is about the 2000- New body style -1999 and back XC70 are almost the same

1st- Engine The engine is not made to go off roads if you are not careful you will run a log,rock,tree stump though the $750.00 Oil pan.

2st- Trans. The 5 speed geartronic is quite responsive and with angle gear for the AWD that does help. How ever The trans in the XC70 are MADE by GM and remember Volvo is owen by FORD now. The trans does have slipping from 1st tp 2st gear and a shift flare from 3rd to 4th gear. The fix is a $200.00 Software down load Via the Internet.

3rd- Body and interor. All the panels on the inside are made ,I think cheeply and if you pull on the door handles when shuting the door the panel will loosen and make noise and after 12mo or 12,000 miles all adjustments are at the coustomer costs, not warranty.

4th-Wheels and tries. The car does sit up high and thats good it is a smooth ride. I think volvo did that right by the pirelli scorpions,Thy are the right tires for this ride.

5th- Towing You can tow a bigger tow load with this car 5500.lbs, compaired to the stright out V70 a big plus3200.lbs. hitch wieght

6th- As noted in the owers book/ Warranty guide lines, You can NOT go off road with car like a 4Wheel drive truck this is NOT a 4Wheel drive auto it is AWD. and it may sound dumm but it not the same in the eyes of Volvo.

7th- The over all running costs of this car for the frist 50,000 miles can costs you over $1700.00 if serviced right.< Brakes, Services, auto detailing,tires,dings/dents from all the off roading, and any other NON covered Warranty repairs are just a fue items there could be more i failed to list>
So hear is the Good,Bad and the UGLY of this Car

Good- Nice ride good handling, extra towing.

Bad- Service costs $1700.00+ for the frist 50,000 miles, NON warranty reapirs if any extra costs on insurance if clam was made.

UGLY- Your spouse gets mader then H3ll at you and your buds for towing the bass boat to the lake at the speed of 125mph just becouse you wanted to see if the Volvo would go that fast with the boat in tow,Getting pulled over be 5 state cops after a 3mile high speed chase,She has to bail you and you buds out of jail. But you know that not the UGLY part, The ugly part is You have the Balls to ask if you can use the Volvo again next weekend to go fishing at a lake in the next state over, and she just gives you the look, and you know that look is NOT just NO but H3ll NO.

The UGLY Post listed above is based on things i have seen,done, or want to do and could be looked at my thoughts only. The items 1-7 are true for some XC70 cars and drivers and sould be words of advice based Things i have read,seen, or done.

Remember to service you Volvo as out lined by VOLVO in your Service/warranty book Use only true VOLVO parts.
Thanks for reading
V70
V70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 07:52 PM   #10
Ranger_X
AF Enthusiast

V70, that's a funny story

I would like to point out that since last time I posted my dad liked my mom's 02 V70XC so much that he got his own 03 XC70

I would also like to give a big thumbs up to the guys a gothenburg. We were rear ended this summer in our 02 and felt nearly nothing thanks to the WHIPS and solid construction of this car. Saftey first.

Anyway, yes, the XC70 is not an off road vehicle. It will perform very light duty off roading, which is why I say it is a better choice than the vast majority of SUVs... b/c the vast majority of SUV buyers never take thier vehicles off road

We have not had any problems with our XCs in terms of loosening parts.

I wish volvo would mate up thier M56 5 speed manual or M66 six speed to the AWD LPT cars (including the XC70) The only reason I would personally choose a Subaru Forester XT or Audi Allroad over an XC70 is the availability of a manual on those models. Its a shame because Volvo in house standard transmissions are wonderful.

A crappy thing about buying any newer Volvo is service costs. The stealerships really gouge you. I am currently trying to locate a good local mechanic.

Last edited by Ranger_X; 12-02-2003 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 07:41 AM   #11
jmetevier1
AF Newbie

hello people. my first time here.

anyway. i'm curious about the above mentioned $200 download fix?

where can i find that and how do i go about, um, uploading it to my car?

thanks,

john
jmetevier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 08:57 PM   #12
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

I have 1 had to post here ill hae pics to its cobalt blue with tints.
" ~ Igor
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 03:25 PM   #13
gr8gatzby
AF Newbie

I've had my 2000 V70 AWD SE Cross Country for a week now and i am absolutely in love with it. what a quality piece of kit.
gr8gatzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:33 PM   #14
gavisms_astra
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to gavisms_astra

after driving both i'd say an s80 t6 thanks
Old 12-22-2005, 10:48 PM   #15
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: X-Country

S60R thank you...