Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > General Discussion
General Discussion All general comments or enquiries go here. Website, club oriented, or general Skyline banter.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-20-2001, 03:34 PM   #1
lcali1
AF Newbie

I currently live in the U.S., but might be getting stationed in Japan (Camp Zama). Ive always dreamed of owning a Skyline ( N E 1) but damn those cars are expensive n hard to own in the U.S. . I have the opportunity now to live n the land of the rising sun, mother of the Skyline n damn my visions of owning 1 now is like . I was wondering how much R32's are running in Japan and if vehicle registration is hard to get their. Let me know you alls experiences about this issue are n give me feedback...... Thanxxxx
Old 05-20-2001, 03:59 PM   #2
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
I can't tell you anything on the registering part. But they will run you around 80-90,000 U.S. dollars. Just do a conversion for Japanese Yen, which at the current rate is 9,884,000.24 Yen. But then again, you could just look for skylines on the net and do the exact value yourself with this site and use the currency calculator on the left hand side.

www.bloomberg.com

The value is always current and you can estimate the price yourself. Hope that helps.
Old 05-20-2001, 04:44 PM   #3
lcali1
AF Newbie

Calculations

Thanks, Ill take a look at that...
lcali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 05:06 PM   #4
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
DVSNCYNIKL,
we're not talking about MotoRipoffex prices here

In Japan, you could get a brand new N1 version, which is lighter and faster than even V-SpecII for about $55k, maybe even less.
Used cars are so cheap its crazy.
If a car has over 100,000 km, then it's considered trash and it's sold VERY VERY cheaply.
A 4-5 year old GT-R would cost around $20k.

Let me find some more prices for you, Ill post again here in a little while.
Old 05-20-2001, 05:23 PM   #5
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA
No Igor, its MotoripoffEx but I did not say that.

You should be able to pick up R32 for about $12,000-15,000. At least that's how much they go for in England.
SkylineUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 06:55 PM   #6
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Ooops, my bad, I messed up the CaPiTaLiZaTiOn :licker:
Old 05-20-2001, 08:59 PM   #7
Dylan_Michael
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dylan_Michael
A ripoff? Well, considering its the most desired car that is not available in the US, I consider those prices low. They could EASILY sell for $125K+. Easily...even up to $150+.

Dylan_Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 09:11 PM   #8
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Well, they could probably do that and nothing will change, because they have monopolized the Skyline GT-R market in the US

But watch out, I think there will be other companies starting to do the same thing MotoRex does but for cheaper price.
Old 05-20-2001, 10:02 PM   #9
R33
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to R33
It's a paradox, isn't it? I mean America is the most dynamic democracy in the world. Land of everythng is possible. And yet, it's so freakin' difficult to even import a GTR! I suppose it is easier to buy guns in the US than to buy a GTR! What do they mean by "safety regulations"? What safety regs. do people have to conform to when buying guns? I mean....help me here....
R33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 07:16 PM   #10
lcali1
AF Newbie

My visions are becoming clearer

Yes yes,
Thanks guys for the quick feed back :sun: . Sorry it took me so long to reply back. My mouse went bad on me n had to go buy another one. But who cares, considering I can buy a used Skyline for 10k, I could afford buying as many mouses as I need for my PC.... :hehehe:
Damn thats true with what R33 said about "Safety Regulations" n not having GTR's sold in the U.S cuz of it. Then on the news u hear all about gunz n shootings :eshooter: . Yeah safety huh?
But N E ways, my visions will surely become for real now n I wont have to dream anymore. Now all I have to do is wait for my orders.... Hopefully I get them overseas.
Oh MotoRipoffex, :finger: aint even gonna go there. Ehh, maybe we can just give em a slight prop for at least bringing the Skyline to the U.S. Not too much props though. Again thanks n before I go, can I get some interior pics of u alls Skylines. You know, dash board, gauges etc; I wanna imagine myself even quicker being seated in one. N of coarse place pics of the exterior as well. U can email me or just post em, dont matta to me unless it matters to u. Am I asking for too much now? I think I am, but Ill be going.
Luv your Nissans
Luis
Old 05-22-2001, 02:35 AM   #11
Racer 20
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Racer 20
Quote:
Originally posted by R33
It's a paradox, isn't it? I mean America is the most dynamic democracy in the world. Land of everythng is possible. And yet, it's so freakin' difficult to even import a GTR! I suppose it is easier to buy guns in the US than to buy a GTR! What do they mean by "safety regulations"? What safety regs. do people have to conform to when buying guns? I mean....help me here....
It isn't hard to get a GT-R inthe USA, it's just expensive.
Racer 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 04:39 PM   #12
lcali1
AF Newbie

$$$$

Well if u aint got $$$ its hard to do/buy N E thing. Hence buy a GT-R. Therefore its hard for me in my case.
U know I get paid good money n everything but 50+k for a car n also having to pay costumes for S/inspections, I just aint got that type of $$$ to spend easily. Ill be feeling broke as a joke afterwards. Ehh probalby not since Ill just be grilling people n my Skyline saying "What what" ....lol
All about the $$$ these days
Old 06-14-2001, 07:08 PM   #13
Initial D
AF Regular

Yeah the safty regs are kind of ridiculous considering I used to drive a dodge dart sport that was rear ended at about 40mph-pulled back into shape then hit a telephone pole going sideways at 65mph (damn pickum up cut me off in the rain and ran)straightened once more and it still passes inspection even though the back of the car must be like spongecake by now.
I mean the only safty feature it ever had was a seatbelt, and somehow the US gov would rather have me drive a 30 year old, 9 mpg slightly smoking (but emmisions exempt) car for my saftey then say an R33 with airbags and 20+ years of technological updates.
Initial D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 01:42 AM   #14
R35
AF Enthusiast

Hey boy, du Gubment done kno whuts good fer you.

But we know what's good for our soul!:angel: Go flying with a Skyline.
Old 06-15-2001, 02:11 AM   #15
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Quote:
Originally posted by Racer 20

It isn't hard to get a GT-R inthe USA, it's just expensive.
Yeah, what's hard is getting a 959 into the USA.

A classmate of mine owned a Skyline GTS when he was in the Navy, stationed in Japan. Early '80s; an R30, I think.
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > General Discussion