Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 08:40 PM   #1
99_Mustang_GT
AF Newbie

Smile Told my uncle I would help him with his Jetta, now I need your help guys !

His car is a 2000 Jetta VR6. It has a few problems. The ones I thought I would be able to solve concern the driver's seat heating and the A/C panel lighting. Both don't work !

I pulled the seat heating switch and there is power on 2 of the 6 wires. I also checked resistance between various pins and it looks like the switch is working properly. I also don't think it can be the fuse because the passenger seat works fine. What I don't get is that I never get any power to the connector located under the seat, no matter what the setting. Maybe I am doing something wrong here, can anybody tell me how to verify that the element works fine ? Is there any relay or is the current going directly through the switch ? I really don't want to have to remove the carpet and almost pray it's the element. Does anybody have a clue ?

As for the A/C panel, there is simply no lighting at all. The whole instrument cluster / radio is lighted but not the A/C panel. I can't even remove the damn assembly to make sure it is not a faulty connection located in the back. All I can do is pop the plastic panel and unscrew the assembly, can't take it out to save my life. Need your help here again.

Another problem I never promised I could solve is that the heater doesn't work on cold days. My uncle doesn't expect me to solve it but I would like to if it's not that hard. I know there is a TSB concerning this but I don't have access to the solution.

Any input will really be appreciated. I am going back tomorrow morning and would like to be able to solve these problems as he can't use the car until I'm done. Thanks guys !!
99_Mustang_GT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora