Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 10:38 AM   #1
molina_aitor
AF Enthusiast

Question Air brush

I am planing on buying a compresor and airbrush to paint my models and RC bodies. I am new to this field so i have a couple of questions. Firstly i was thinking of buying a "airpress" HLO 200-25. its specifications are 1.5 HP or 1.1 KW, 200Liter/min, and 25liter tank capacity. This would cost 100 euros. Is this a good price/quality ratio? Can i hook an airbrush to it? Thanx for ur time.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:45 PM   #2
Verminator
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Verminator
Just had a look at the specs on the side of my Holding compressor and the ones you quote seem more than adequate, Just make sure its fitted with a regulator so you can crank the output pressure up and down as you need it. Mine didnt originally and I had to buy seperate, this added £15.00 to the price.
Verminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:17 AM   #3
molina_aitor
AF Enthusiast

Thanx. Do you know if any airbrush will fit on any compresor? And what should i look for in an airbeush?
Old 03-05-2004, 02:10 AM   #4
Verminator
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Verminator
You can usually get any brush to fit any compressor as airline to commpressor fittings tend to be fairly universal, if not some form of adapter/reducer can be found either at your supplier or hardware store. With regard to airbrush its all down to personal taste, but for a first brush go for a single action they are less complicated, try and get one with a metal body they are more durable. Also look for a kit that comes with alternate nozzles if possible to gives you more flexibility. My single action is a Badger 100 and i've had it fifteen years with only a few small repairs to washers etc. I also have an Aztek double action which is great for fine work (when its not leaking) but as I say its personal choice. Good luck
Verminator is offline   Reply With Quote