Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-09-2001, 09:25 AM   #1
GOD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GOD
Exclamation

Ok i have to write a report tonite thats due tommrow on why do people still streetrace when they know its illegal and dangerous ? I need some sources or something to give me some info on this if you can help me out on this ill be real thankful
GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 09:49 AM   #2
i_rebel
Banned

Send a message via AIM to i_rebel
Thumbs up

I can't think of any sources . . . except to say that your sitting on one of the best REsources for opinions . . . that's what you're after, right?

Anyway, I figure you could start a forum for street racing, and your first thread could be your essay question: "Why do you street race when you know it's illegal?"

You'll get answers straight from the mouths of drivers . . . although everybody isn't a driver here, there should be enough.

Anyhow, here's my answer:

I street race, because the opportunity presents itself at EVERY stop light. Every time I drive, no matter where I'm going the opportunity is there, and I enjoy it. I like the thrill of speed, can't get enough of that feeling that comes with seeing cars pass by my window in a split second, the adrenaline rush that makes my leg twitch as it hovers over the clutch and makes my ears ever so keen as they listen for the reve of the engine, allowing my brain to choose the optimum shift points while dodging traffic on the parkway . . .

I could just as easily go to a track, but that involves work . . . I have to find one, I have to learn the rules . . . I have to make my car fit their regulations . . . I have to be classed with people that are supposed to be competitive for me, as opposed to just taking on any driver with balls enough to drive like me . . . on the street, I can take down a Porsche if the driver isn't quick enough to spot the next gap in traffic, or I could be bested by a Corolla, because he saw the shift in traffic before I did . . . there are no rules, and that is a thrill in itself . . .

It's the same high that comes from having sex in a semi-secluded area, knowing that there's a risk in someone spotting you . . . when street racing, you risk your life, and a run-in with the law . . .

On the street I don't have to be saddened by a voice in a tower or headset that tells me it's over . . . on the street I end it when I want to . . .

Name withheld
Infiniti G20 driver in NY
26 year old male
African-American

Feel free to quote, or edit as you see fit . . .

I want to be a mod . . . :sun:
i_rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 11:59 AM   #3
i_rebel
Banned

Send a message via AIM to i_rebel
Unhappy silly me . . .

After some searching, I see that there is a street racing forum and that you did start an opinion thread some time ago. . . oh well . . .

I still want to be a mod . . .
i_rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 12:21 PM   #4
kris
Off playing with fire.

Quote:
Originally posted by GOD
on why do people still streetrace when they know its illegal and dangerous ?

Well, first of all. Streetracing is not any more dangerous than speeding to work because you are late. In my opinion, it is the maturity of the drivers who are dangerous. Yes I love speed, I love to race. I have seen some people who love to speed also, but they are very immature about it. They speed without thinking, and keeping an eye open. They are the ones that have lots of speeding tickets, who knows what other kinds of tickets. They think they are bad ass' and cant be touched. They tend to be show offs. These are the ones that are dangerous to streetracing.
kris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 11:06 AM   #5
ludeaem
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ludeaem
Resources

Try going to web pages like streetracing.com, streetracing.org, or rankinroad.com those are just a couple but there are tons.
ludeaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 08:44 AM   #6
carz
AF Enthusiast

Or if you want car info go to www.concept carz
Old 07-07-2001, 04:44 PM   #7
primera man
"P-Man"

Send a message via AIM to primera man
Take it to a track if you are going to race.

We are all here because of a love for cars. We all spend our time/money etc on them, but we forget for a few seconds that the thrill of racing from light to light can end it so quickly.
There are plenty of other loose cannons out on the road that when your racing up to or past them you dont know what they will do. Will you have time to brake and miss that car that changed lanes at the last minute with no signal ???

Next time your having the thrill of flying down someones street racing that car next to you...think of the end result. A kid running out on the road to get his ball that he hit out there by mistake and your going that fast you fail to see him or cant stop in time ??

It's always the odd few who want to do this sort of street racing that get caught/crash etc that give us all a bad name. Then when you are doing nothing wrong and get stopped by the cops you wonder "why do they pick on me "

How many of these street racers think they really know how to handle a car anyway ? Do they sit on there playstations for hour after hour to became the best there is on the game then think they can do the same in a real car ??

Take it to a track and learn how to drive and handle a car.

Be really cool to have that street race and kill that family that was only out for a drive wouldn't it ???

Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!!

View All My Models Here.
primera man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 06:37 PM   #8
vettemaan
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to vettemaan Send a message via AIM to vettemaan
uhhhh.... because its fun hahahHAHAHAHA.
Old 08-05-2001, 03:34 PM   #9
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

i hate it when people talk about streetracing like that, it's soooooo fuckin annoying!!

ohhhh streetracing is bad..... streetracing hurts people...... ohhh take it to the track before i start crying and running to my mommy..... go cry somewhere else, people that streetrace aren't going to care about your opinion, go cry in a thread that is about how steetracing is bad :finger: :finger: :smoka:
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 01:50 PM   #10
urasula
AF Regular

this is an interesting topic and after reading everyone's response i agree most with i_rebel, kbslaker, and primera man. well said!!

i've seen lots of ppl lose control of their cars, on real tv, (hahhaahaa) and crash. i firmly believe that it's cuz they didn't know how to handle their car.
urasula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 12:14 AM   #11
cefiroman
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to cefiroman
Arrow I think its more there than some c !!!!!

Well I do agree with (kbslacker)..... And I must say that it is bad but its so fun and intences (spell) well anyways I do the drag strip and the street and well I have had one friend killed because of stupted peeps ... And yes I still do it cuz he would want it to go on as long as peeps learned a leason from what happend!! We all agree me and the other 40 some odd imports the do this illegal raceing one way where we race and not race the way back because of spectators at the starting line.... And that allso how my friend got killed!! One of my frends raced back and lost control of his car and hit his best friend at about 90mph while in a spin in a (Acura Intagra).. Every one else jumped outa the way but he did not c it comming But I try to race rather legal I dont drink before a race, and wont race anyone who has been drinking cuz of the danger of their live's and myn.... And yes in my town drinking is a big think specialy for the youngn's that their mom and dad bought their cars........ Thanks for hearing me out!!!

Own a 1997 Maxima
245 hp 260 tq
cefiroman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing