Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Forced Induction
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Forced Induction Discuss topics relating to turbochargers, superchargers, and nitrous oxide systems.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 06:19 PM   #1
rendog24
AF Enthusiast

can you turbo charge a 2000 civic ex auto?

i have talked to some people and they said that you can not turbo charge a civic sohc that has an automatic in it? if you can where can i get a good kit?

also if i get a supercharger, then i don't have to get headers. right? because the supercharger takes the place of the headers in the manifold.am i wrong or right?

Last edited by rendog24; 04-01-2002 at 06:54 PM.
rendog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 10:40 PM   #2
Scooter Bug
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Scooter Bug Send a message via Yahoo to Scooter Bug
you can turbo charge any car.

I believe GReddy makes a good kit. with a turbo kit you don't have a header, you have a manifold.

Becca
Old 04-18-2002, 01:18 PM   #3
fjt
AF Enthusiast

You can turbo charge an automatic car IF you get a Torque Converter installed with the turbo. That will help the tranny to receive and hold w/o blowing all the pressure and hp delivered by the turbo.
W/O the torque converter your tranny will not hold up long
fjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 02:31 PM   #4
SleeperTeg
AF Enthusiast

Re: can you turbo charge a 2000 civic ex auto?

Quote:
Originally posted by rendog24
also if i get a supercharger, then i don't have to get headers. right? because the supercharger takes the place of the headers in the manifold.am i wrong or right?
Actually a supercharger (roots style/JRSC) takes the place of you INTAKE manifold and not an exhaust manifold/headers. If you go with a supercharger it is a good idea to get a header - possibly one with a 'larger than normal' collector, hiflow cat and thicker exhaust.
SleeperTeg is offline   Reply With Quote