Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Videos
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Videos Got a crazy video to share?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 04:09 PM   #16
3000ways
AF Enthusiast

Hehe that NSX owner probably felt like crap. Ahyhow, I wonder what year that NSX was? NSXs are fast but not that fast in a straight line for an $80,000 car, but it's meant for more than just straight line racing.
3000ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 06:54 AM   #17
Ooomph
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Acura Integra Walks NSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexSiR
Rice burners,
NSX thats an exotic super car 100,000 $ not a rice burner!
NSX = not an exotic, just rarely seen because most people won't spend $65k for 290hp which doesn't peak until over 7k rpm...

NSX = nowhere near $100k new.

But it is a great car on road courses, where that mid-engine design really balances the car out. Face it, the NSX wasn't built for straight-line and the teg would have it's azz handed to him on the roadcourses by the NSX. But (giving credit where credit is due) for the teg, a kill is a kill.
'00 Ford Mustang

Ooomph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 05:02 PM   #18
mospeed1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mospeed1
Re: Acura Integra Walks NSX

nice hood on that comet
mospeed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 08:04 PM   #19
OCUJer
AF Enthusiast

Not all American Muscle is designed to go straight for 1320 feet, remember there is a little brute called Viper. With that said you take your $100,000 NSX or the $30,000 Detroit Iron, and both will loose to most anything that rolls out of Italy, Germany, Sweden, or England. Total performance Europeans rule! Euros are the kings of Super Cars nobody else comes close.
OCUJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 03:31 PM   #20
Mean 350
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Acura Integra Walks NSX

[quote=Stanimal]Ward,

The 1969 Chevy Camaro and Dodge Charger from your younger days might not be as quick as you think.

On the 69 Camaro, even with the top of the line 427 ZL1 engine, it'll only do 0-60 in 5.3 and the 1/4 in the low 13's.

As for the 69 Dodge Charger, even if you had the Charger 500 with the 426 Hemi, it'll only do 0-60 in the mid 5's and the 1/4 in 13.48.

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclec...s-50fast.shtml

A late model Acura NSX will do 0-60 in around 5 even and the ¼ in 13.5. Therefore, they look fairly evenly matched in the straight. But, put them in a winding road or on a track, and there’s just no comparison.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
And considering that these cars are around 30 years apart, it truly is sad that all a late model NSX can do is provide an even match.
Mean 350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 08:47 PM   #21
OCUJer
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Acura Integra Walks NSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean 350
And considering that these cars are around 30 years apart, it truly is sad that all a late model NSX can do is provide an even match.
An NSX is simply a rich man's Honda Civic. You are right, for $100,000 you would expect to clean house with that automobile, especially considering you can get a 500 hp Viper for $70K and it will out run and out handle the NSX, sure the NSX is pretty but that's all.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:50 AM   #22
pro_am
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to pro_am Send a message via Yahoo to pro_am

There is something to be said for those coments of straight line racing. However the video we just saw was, as you can all see, a straight line, there for giving them the right to state that the charger the camaro may be faster in that capacity, (not that they are).

How ever, I wouldn't put any american cars from the 60's or 70's on a road course, bleh! That would be a nightmare. I have a '91 firebird that I would road race, but would get spanked by those mid engine cars, (damnitt!). That was pretty impressive to see an integra beat an NSX. That is very impressive.
jake
pro_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 10:56 PM   #23
Matt-Helm
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplayer
Smoked a NSX earlier this week in my '04 Audi S4. Wasnt even a race. The NSX is only 290hp, but my car aint even fully broken in yet either(<1000m)!

S4 really isn't all that fast.

Here it's being beat on the street by an EVO VIII

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albu.../s4_vs_evo.wmv

Being beat again in a legit review of the STI, EVO VIII, S4

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albu...Evo_STi_S4.avi

Mind you the Mitsubishi EVO VIII is only a 2.0L 271HP car.
Matt-Helm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 01:52 AM   #24
Stanimal
AF Newbie

The Audi S4 has a nice interior and performance wise, it's pretty good if a bit pricey. It might even be a contender if Audi knew how to build reliable cars. The last time I check, Consumers Report, April 2003, not a single Audi model in the 7 years prior got an above average reliability rating. That’s pretty crapy.

IMHO, what makes the Acura NSX special is that it's a pretty high performance, well-balanced sports car with Acura's build quality and bulletproof reliability. The whole car including the engine and the entire drive train is very conservatively designed and built, I have personally drove one with a turbo upgrade. The owner didn't even upgraded any drive train components, not even the clutch. It was a 91 model with the 5-speed. It still shifted smooth as butter and I had no problems getting rubber all the way through 2nd. If I were to guess using my butt dyno, I would guess 400 WHP.
Stanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 07:20 PM   #25
KustmAce
Grande Boleros de Fuego

Enough.

Next person to start a flame war like this or continue this one is banned.