Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Pick-Up
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
cris8746
Cris

Question Hi irregular idle 22RE

91 Toyota 4wd truck manual 5 speed 22RE. Engine starts fine. Cold engine will have high idle as it should but instead of slowing down as the engine warms the RPM runs at 2000 and momentairly drops off and back up to 2000. This happens in shorter frequency (once a second) when the engine is warm. It can be driven but everytime I shift the engine RPM keeps going from 1500 to 2000. I replaced the coolant temperature sensor to the ECM. I cleaned the inside of the throttle valve. I did an electrical test of the TPS and Air intake sensor. I checked connections on ECM. I looked for vacuum leaks. I disconnected the cold start timer. using the service manual I checked voltages on the ECM terminals, all within specs. I replaced the ECM.
Found nothing wrong, can't seem to change anything and don't know what else to try.

Last edited by cris8746; 12-30-2010 at 08:19 PM. Reason: update
cris8746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:09 AM   #2
killdaggy
AF Newbie

Re: Hi irregular idle 22RE

Thats just a simple problem sir, May i know the history of your car? I can suggest that maybe it is in need of tune up. Maybe its just the clearance of your valve.
killdaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
onio420
AF Newbie

I have the same problem except when my truck is at a high rpm it does fine but when i brake it starts dropping , when i let go the brake it starts to get higher, close to 3000 rpm, someone help me please.
onio420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 02:46 PM   #4
yukon6inchlift
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onio420 View Post
I have the same problem except when my truck is at a high rpm it does fine but when i brake it starts dropping , when i let go the brake it starts to get higher, close to 3000 rpm, someone help me please.
Brake booster or that big vacuum going to it might be leaking air. Try plugging the vacuum line and see if idle changes. I've heard this is a common reason for high idle in Toyotas. You could let us know what fixes it,,,,
yukon6inchlift is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Pick-Up