Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tercel
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
Stevedateve
AF Newbie

Problem with '91 Tercel

I was driving to work today and suddenly my car started shuddering and died. I started it back up, got it to go for a couple minutes and it died again. In the parking lot I started it, and it ran smoothly for about 30 seconds and slowly died. They guy I had look at it thinks it's a fuel pump or fuel filter issue (something with the fuel) and so I was just looking for assistance on that. Also, if anyone knows where the fuel filter and/or fuel pump are located in the car. Again, it's a '91 Tercel. I'd appreciate any help I can get.
Stevedateve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
studdly
AF Newbie

Re: Problem with '91 Tercel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedateve View Post
I was driving to work today and suddenly my car started shuddering and died. I started it back up, got it to go for a couple minutes and it died again. In the parking lot I started it, and it ran smoothly for about 30 seconds and slowly died. They guy I had look at it thinks it's a fuel pump or fuel filter issue (something with the fuel) and so I was just looking for assistance on that. Also, if anyone knows where the fuel filter and/or fuel pump are located in the car. Again, it's a '91 Tercel. I'd appreciate any help I can get.
The fuel pump is located under the back seat. just remove the seat and you will see a plate with 5-6 bolts. remove the bolts and u can remove the pump from there...The fuel filter is located under the hood on the drivers side firewall. looks like a pop can..good luck...
studdly is offline   Reply With Quote