Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Sunbird/J2000/2000 Sunbird
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #1
jsgold
AF Enthusiast

94 Sunbird timing belt issues

My mom bought a 94 Sunbird a while back for a second car....did not run long. It has the 2.0 motor, timing belt broke while driving. two questions - is this a non interfrence motor or is the motor trashed? How difficult to replace the belt on these is it is not trashed? I had a guy tell me he seems to remember almost having to pull the engine to do his, but it was a long time ago.....
Old 10-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
wafrederick
Banned

Re: 94 Sunbird timing belt issues

Your mom made a huge mistake buying this car.The 2.0 is a huge POS and parts are about obslote for this engine.This engine was made in Brazil and did not hold up,headgasket which was known for blowing out.The cylinder head is a two piece.
wafrederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
jsgold
AF Enthusiast

Re: 94 Sunbird timing belt issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafrederick View Post
Your mom made a huge mistake buying this car.The 2.0 is a huge POS and parts are about obslote for this engine.This engine was made in Brazil and did not hold up,headgasket which was known for blowing out.The cylinder head is a two piece.
LOL, yes it is a POS. A friend of mine had one and hated it. My mom bought it as a favor from another family member for very little money, then got stranded for 4 hrs when the belt broke. I did determine the motor is a NON interference motor, but they had no interest in fixing it. It has cost them enough agravation. I was looking at possibly getting it running for a person I know who needs a car badly...but not that bad! Anyway, car going away this weekend...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Sunbird/J2000/2000 Sunbird