Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 04:23 AM   #1
lahiruchandima
AF Newbie

Car jerks when stopped in traffic

Hi All,

I replaced the PCV valve of my Toyota Vitz 2007 some time back, due to oil level reducing. After I got the car back from the mechanic, it had this weird behavior of jerking after five or six seconds when car is stopped in traffic. Also, it jerked when shifted to drive gear from parking gear. About after a week or so, this got automatically fixed.
I repaired the car again from the same mechanic, this time a soldering job of an electrical cable which supplies power to one of the spark plugs. After I got the car back, it showed similar jerking behavior. Now its been three or four days and jerking has got resolved to some extent, but still car does not feel the same as it previously was.
I asked the mechanic whether he did anything else other than soldering the cables, but he said no. But, he should have disconnected the battery, because the time was incorrect when I got the car back.
What could be the reason for this jerking behavior?
lahiruchandima is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical