Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > S40
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 04:04 AM   #1
piyush1
Banned

Having Problems With Engine

Hello everybody,

i having problems with my 2001 volvo s40 1.8 GDI engine.
will try to explain what's the actual problem/s. Its started about 4 days ago, my radiator cooling pipe went loose so all the water was gone and i was still driving, but luckily when i went home the engine temperature still was ok. So i changed the pipe got the antifreeze and after while tried to start, ok everything was okey even in next morning. the problems started in next evening. when i was driving i so in dash board that the door light was on, at that moment i was thin king maybe one of the doors is still open, so after the trip i checked all the doors, all of them was closed, and the next thing what's happen was i sow that the interior light dosn't come up as well, ok on my way home the engine check light start to flash and the engine dropped the rew to 2500, and started to sound like it dosn't have enough petrol delivered to engine or some of sparks are not working. ok i shut the engine off, and after 10-20 min started and engine was running fine but the interior lights still dint come on and door light still was on even if all doors was closed, and the in 3 min time its started again the engine check light start to flash and engine start to choke but runs. and its happens all the time, when i start engine its runs fine and the few mins and the same.. but what i notice is that if i switch interior lights off the door light go off as well when doors is shut... i got code reader and when the engine check light comes on its shows me p1221 fault..

hope someone will be able to help me out here ..
i hope yo will understand what i have written here..

regards
piyush1 is offline   Reply With Quote