Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
View Poll Results: Should i keep the auto trans or change to 5sp?
NO 0 0%
YES 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 07:04 PM   #1
MaxGle
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MaxGle
Exclamation Help me with my 96 max gle

Hey there everyone

I have a 1996 maxima GLE. I bought it like 6-8 months ago and just like since last week i have been having problems with it, its cold out side now (just snowed today) and well for the past week or so my car has been having a really hard time starting up, like i turn the key i hear my starter running but engine wont come on i give it some gas to help it out and then after about 2 trys or a lil more it will starte(but sometimes after it starts it will shut back down if i dont hold the gas for like 3 secs) so i am thinking its maybe the gas filter problem or somthing like that but i really dont know much at all, and i have read that other people as well have the same problem and it seems to only happen in the cold as when i bought it it was warm and didnt have this problem at all. Now my car is all stock but i did buy it a brand new battery... so plz let me know if anyone out there can help me out thnx
MaxGle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 07:10 PM   #2
jody3x3
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to jody3x3 Send a message via AIM to jody3x3 Send a message via Yahoo to jody3x3
Re: Help me with my 96 max gle

i think that the maxima is not cold natured. they say that u are not supposed to mash the gas on a fuel injected veh. and that the gas is at the injectors when u turn on the switch. i have to diagree. ive had mines for 4 years and have tested the theory. i almost always have to mash the gas or even pump it while cranking for it to fire right up. thats the only way, but it will fire on up. i gues thats just the way the car is. i feel ur pain. but just pump it and u will be alright.
jody3x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:44 AM   #3
thoboyz
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to thoboyz
Wow..I have the exact same prob...bought it in the summer and didnt notice problem...also bought new battery...have the exact same problem...it's like you took the words right out of my mouth!

Any body else have any insight?
thoboyz is offline   Reply With Quote