Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 10:55 PM   #1
Spaz
AF Enthusiast

Throttle Position Sensor

Hey everybody, been a bit since I've posted... anyway, to business.

Anyone ever had one of these go out on their 96 Max?

Is it a pain to fix it up? I priced the part out for just shy of 90 bucks from courtesy nissan, which is far better than what my local dealership wanted to charge me. I'm just wondering if it'd be a pain to do the replacement myself, or if I should just let the Nissan Mechanic do it for me - and suffer the major hit to my wallet.

Anyone have some info?

word.
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:20 AM   #2
borriss
AF Newbie

You‘ll just have to unscrew 2 bolts and remove a couple of rubber hoses to easier access.
borriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:30 AM   #3
borriss
AF Newbie

Re: Throttle Position Sensor

I forgot to mention, you’ll need to adjust the position of the sensor by resistance measuring. It’s no problem if you have a multimeter. The Haynes manual describes the process well detailed.
borriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:14 PM   #4
cbudgo
AF Newbie

Re: Throttle Position Sensor

I am new member to this forum.
This sounds familiar, does this effect your tach needle? Mine's bouncing all over the place and the dealer is at a loss, to try to fix it.
cbudgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:07 PM   #5
Spaz
AF Enthusiast

Borriss - thanks for the info

cbudgo- Nothing like what you're talking about, at least for the most part. What's happening on mine is that while the engine is cold the TPS sends screwy messages to my fuel pump. This causes my engine to have really bad idles and there's no smoothe revving until the temp gauge passes the "C" (thus, the tact needle does jump around, but in sync with the confused engine). It also causes some messed up shifting in my auto transmission and wastes fuel.
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35