Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 10:11 PM   #1
johnbojorquez36
AF Newbie

Need opinion on 99 Honda Accord!

So I'm looking around to buy a car. I've never bought a car before (used my parents car for a while). I'm a Sophomore in college, and I need to buy a car soon so I can commute to work this winter (full time), and commute to my internship this summer as well. I've had some of my car savvy friends suggest to look at Hondas since they are affordable and good on gas so they say. Someone I know came accross this craigslist ad and told me I should check it out. I did, and I called the seller of the car. He was very nice and explained that the car is in VERY good condition and has been very well maintained. I'm don't know that much about Hondas, or even cars in general. And I've been getting mixed opinions about this car from multiple people. Please let me know what your honest opinion is and if it's worth checking out. Thank you.

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/4771511559.html

Also, over the phone the seller mentioned that the ONLY thing wrong with the car is that when you turn the steering wheel sharply, there is a small "clicking noise", he explained that this was due to the boot on the axle being torn and I could probably go about 20 - 40k miles before needing to replace it.
johnbojorquez36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:07 PM   #2
stonewallauto
AF Newbie

Re: Need opinion on 99 Honda Accord!

Hey, the clicking noise can be more than a boot...cv joint is probably bad and would not advise going 20-40k w/ any steering issue. Saying that its a cheap fix. I attend dealer auctions in pa and help people who ask how can I go to a dealer only auction learn a ton! I'll pass some info on-

1.open rad cap and start car if coolant shoots out (don't buy)
2.pull oil stick and check for any milkyness to the oil..if any (don't buy)
3.if coolant bubbles in reservoir or at cap (don't buy)
4.take it for a ride and make sure it doesn't clunk into any gears
including reverse!
5.air conditioning and heat work

this goes for any of your used car shopping, everything else is pretty obvious in your start up, walk around and test drive. good luck
stonewallauto is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > General Discussion