Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani > Interior/Audio/Security
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 09:45 PM   #1
tibby01
AF Enthusiast

Quick Fix for faded sunroof liners

a lot of RD owners have had trouble with this....

Go to walmart, get this(from the automotive section)...

http://duplicolor.com/products/vinyl.html

my shit was extremely purple, and looked horrible. the paint made the sunroof liner a VERY little "gloppy", but it definately is better than the faded look. i was kinda in a rush too, so i used heavy coats. thin coats would prolly make it turn out very good.

now,

---------------COMMENTS POST-------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

canadianshark74 - thanks for the tip,
I will have to do that soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nexuz - Do you know if that will work on the dash? Some odd reason, mine is a very lighter shade then the door pieces. There is mention on HyundaiWebtech (somewhere) of a 'wax' type thing [been a while since i saw it].. that will return your crash pad to black.

But, if nobody can help here, it is back to plan (A).. total removal of interior.. and viynl dye all pieces a medium grey, and replace headliner with tweed and aluminum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tibby01 - well, it is vinyl/fabric paint, i dont know if i would paint the crash pad with it though. maybe try krylon if you are looking for a spray on paint.

REDZMAN - Fantastic man, really.

Is it hard to take that sucka out?

After lookin at that website...

I'm doin mine blue.

tibby01 - no, not hard at all. you just push up on it.

boricua - I'm glad I looked at this because my sunroof is going through the same problem now.

majikTib - thanks a ton for posting this!!
Why does our stupid liner fade so easily????? it irritates the crap out of me...

BLK2KTIB - Did mine last weekend and it looks great! Took about six coats tho to get it back to black from that sh1tty purple it turns into. It was getting to the piont i wouldnt open my sunroof all the way anymore cause i didnt want it to get any worse. But ya this was a great post, thanx Tibby01
tibby01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 09:16 AM   #2
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

Thumbs up

Interesting product. I would have never thought of doing something like that. Its good to know that Walmart sells it.

Like one of the other posters mentioned, I wonder if it would work for the dash or any other vinyl section of the vehicle. Might want to try it out.

Good post.

TS out

Members please read: Guidelines
twospirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 04:30 PM   #3
tibby01
AF Enthusiast

eh, im more partial to good preppign thant using a special paint. good prep and steps between coats will make the paint choice almost insignificant. regular walmart duplicolor auto paint was used for this, lots of prepping and patience though....

tibby01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #4
crxstud
Banned

Re: Quick Fix for faded sunroof liners

Thanks for the tech tip !

Last edited by '97ventureowner; 08-15-2008 at 05:24 PM.
crxstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Re: Quick Fix for faded sunroof liners

Please check the date of the last post in the thread and do not respond if that date is longer than 3 months from the current date.
From AF's Community Guidelines:
POSTING IN CLOSED OR OUTDATED THREADS:
If a thread has been closed, there is probably a logical reason for it. If you feel that the reason(s) for closure of the original thread are unjustified or wish further clarification feel free to contact any member of the moderating team. However, do not start a new thread about another closed thread.

Please avoid posting or voting in outdated threads. It merely clutters up the message board and makes it more difficult for fellow members to sort through the vast amount of information contained on the boards. If you have new and important information to add regarding a past discussion, feel free to start a new thread and if need be, add a link to the original thread.

The link to these guidelines can be found here:http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...uidelines.html

Closed.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani > Interior/Audio/Security