Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 02:38 AM   #1
GarnetRevenger
AF Newbie

Exclamation Problem with SOHC

hey im not looking for any trouble im just genuinely in the dark on this. the problem is as goes:

replaced old ka24e with a model rebuilt by Attarco (sp?) out here near sacramento, for those of you who know it. it primarily deals with jdm engines and so forth, i know. but i bought the engine from an individual who stated that the engine cranked but would not turn over. i promptly jumped on the deal and bought the rebuilt sohc and tranny for 250. my buddy just installed both and now we are realizing the same problem. to prevent the simple questions: it has all fluids, new oil filter. i am heartbroken because i love my little 240. so if you could toss a couple hypothesis my way as to why the engine will not turn over, thatd be awsome. there was an individual that said it sounded like there was no compression. again, im not looking for ridicule because i already know i dont know much about cars. PLEEEEASE HEEEEELP.
GarnetRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #2
driftking777
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to driftking777 Send a message via MSN to driftking777
Re: Problem with SOHC

engine will not turn over as-in ,when you turn the key to the start position it will not crank, or the motor cranks but will not start?
83 RX7: KA-T, t3/t4 turbo,Tial 38mm WG, MR coilovers, 5 lug conversion all around, TII brakes, hydraulic hand brake, 8" rear", 6 point cage, AMS Rebuild kit, Fully ported polished race head, Custom interior, JLine 6LR2 15x8, 16x9.5
driftking777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Re: Problem with SOHC

spark, fuel, compression, timing. check it all, in every step.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX