Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 09:31 AM   #1
moonjewell
AF Newbie

Unhappy Really need Advice about painting over Rockerguard

Hi

My boyfriend was thoughtful enough to try to fix my sad old rusted Oldsmobile so it wasn`t so embarrassing to drive. This is not something he has ever done before so it`s an experiment.
He really did a good job of patching and sanding all the holes and rust. The problem now is that because he used Rockerguard-the black, we are wondering how to make it look like a paint job instead of a errrrrrr rocker car LOL
The whole thing is now covered in this stuff. It definately looks better than before, but I would like to at least have it look more like a car paint finish. Is there some way....any way........to make it look a little better?
moonjewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:54 PM   #2
ec437
AF Enthusiast

Re: Really need Advice about painting over Rockerguard

so wait. he painted the whole car with the black paint?

SoStAsSaId: and the flight attendant is cute... if i was a lesbian, i'd join the mile high club

<---call this number
ec437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:12 PM   #3
moonjewell
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Really need Advice about painting over Rockerguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
so wait. he painted the whole car with the black paint?
Thanks for answering

Yes....first he was only going to paint the bottom panels with it but got carried away trying to patch and asked me if I thought he should continue because it was covering the old age problems really good over the sanding after bondo.
So I said sure. Neither of us knows anything about giving a car a face lift so I`m sure that to someone who knows the proper ways....this seems absurd! But it`s done now and I`m wondering if it can be paintred with a car paint somehow? And if so what the steps are to do this.
I don`t like the matt finish on it. it`s an old car and I`ve finally resigned myself to keep it because it`s still running good rather than buy another nicer one with someone elses problems and needed repairs or get into more debt by buying my so wished for Jeep Liberty.
moonjewell is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General