Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Torrent
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
catbones
AF Newbie

Cool 2007 Torrent Trouble

Hi,

Anyone came across the same problem. Recently, my 2007 Pontiac Torrent started to choke if I give it gas on acceleration. Not always happens, sometimes on the Freeway at 40 miles mark, sometimes at 60 miles. No engine light, computer reader shows no error codes.

Any ideas from anyone? I've put in the fuel injector cleaner into the gas tank last fill up to see if it stops. So far, nothing.

Any other ideas what it could be?

Thank you for your time in advance.

AJ
catbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
Ruley73
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2007 Torrent Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by catbones View Post
Hi,

Anyone came across the same problem. Recently, my 2007 Pontiac Torrent started to choke if I give it gas on acceleration. Not always happens, sometimes on the Freeway at 40 miles mark, sometimes at 60 miles. No engine light, computer reader shows no error codes.

Any ideas from anyone? I've put in the fuel injector cleaner into the gas tank last fill up to see if it stops. So far, nothing.

Any other ideas what it could be?

Thank you for your time in advance.

AJ
I'm assuming you mean that it seems to occur more when the speedometer indicates 40 MPH or 60 MPH

If that's the case, I bet you're just feeling the transmission kick down at those speeds. Keep in mind, it is a 5-speed automatic, not a 4-speed auto like most other same-age-or-older GM FWD vehicles. The extra gear does a great job of reducing the dead spots in power (particularly between 1-2 gears and 2-3 gears) the older four-speed transmissions have.

As quiet as the engine is from inside the cabin, I find it hard to believe that you heard it misfire. The fact that the "Service Engine Soon" light did not blink reinforces that a misfire did not occur. Any audible misfire would certainly cause the ECM to blink the engine light - which is the specified indication of a misfire (as noted in your owner's manual).

"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!"
- Steve Smith (Red)
Ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Torrent