Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Ranger | Courier
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 09:09 AM   #1
Jmr82
AF Newbie

Intermittent ac and heat vent problems

Hello I am having some problems with my ranger and I was hoping someone might have some advice about it. I have a 2001 ranger 2 wheel drive with the 3.0. The problem I am having is that when I start my truck of the morning everything is fine but in about 30 min heat or air stops coming out of the vents I can hear the air come from behind the dash but it's not really coming out anywhere it's like it's in between settings. I have heard that the default is the defrost when there is a vacuum leak but there isn't really anything coming from there and sometimes it will just start working right again for no reason when I'm going down the road. I checked behind the glove box and didn't notice any bad vacuum lines but I don't have a tester to really do an in depth check on them. Has anyone had a problem like this? Is this a vacuum problem or something else? Thank you for any advice you might have
Jmr82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:26 PM   #2
Keg914
AF Newbie

Re: Intermittent ac and heat vent problems

I know this post is a little old, however, I had a similar problem with my 97 ranger. The re-circ and the fresh air blend door actuator was the issue. The vacuum line was pulling just fine but the actual actuator was malfunctioning. I just tied the blend door with a cable tie to always do the re-circ function. This seemed to help the A/C work the best. I then would run the A/C control on the A/C function, not the max A/C.
Keg914 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Ranger | Courier