Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Sunbird/J2000/2000 Sunbird
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
lucas_wojo
AF Newbie

Thumbs down 1991 bird ONLY idols ??TPS?? 3.1L

I have a 91 pontiac sunbird with the 3.1L that died over 2 years ago. The fuel pump went out, and I had a used pump and tank installed. A week latter it killed AGAIN, the mechanic said the pump had too little preasure and it needed changed again. I was told I would have to pay it all over again. No warranty, I paid $100 for the pump and tank setup from a place of his choice now learning I can get the pump for less than $100 new. Never the less I got another tank and pump from a local yard and threw it on and the car made it about 300 feet and died. It idoled fine for over an hour. I had an ignition module so I put it on along with new plugs and wires. There was no change. I decided that I hated the car and rolled it out of the way untill I was offered a nice 90 chevy 4x4 stepside as even trade if I could get it going. I want the truck. I poked a battery in the car today and it started. I was thrilled untill I saw the AC compressor locked up. Darn it have to get a new belt in the morning. I removed the old belt and let the car run, BUT when I press the gas at all it dies, even if I slowly press it. About a half hout later it died. It would pop of but never start, it seemed like it was out of fuel. But has plenty of fresh gas. I was told to check the throttle position sensor but it has no check engine or SES light on. WHAT MIGHT THE PROBLEM BE? I have a brand new pump n screen but I dont want to waste it if it is a sensor. Thanks
lucas_wojo is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Sunbird/J2000/2000 Sunbird