Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Non Specific
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Non Specific This is the forum to post and generalized racing questions.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
DottedPanda
AF Newbie

S4 Details

Sorry if i wasn't supposed to create a new thread i just know that some people wanted the S4 details. Okay well, i didn't get to talk to the kid who owned it directly but i did run in to one of his friends down at the bump spot (after the batman premier, which was AMAZING!!). Anyway the kid confirmed some of the more recent suggestions that the driver of the S4 shifted up accidentally when the race began. Oh and he said it was an 2006 S4. He also said that it wasn't even his car. Apparently the kid was talking some major shit about me to his friends and said i had cheated by jumping the the third horn. Now that is BS!

Sorry if i wasn't supposed to do this again and feel free to delete this.

I promise i will get real quarter mile times soon and pitch those ghetto ones, but you gotta give me points for creativity.

Alta CAI, Borla Exhaust, Jcw Blow off valve,
Diablo Tune, JCW Detailing
DottedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:44 PM   #2
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

Re: S4 Details

2006 S4... I think the kid in the S4 hit the brake pedal instead of the gas pedal...

If your beating a car like that you should be out hunting new M3's as well...

If I'm not mistaken there is a track right around Cincinatti... Hit the track this weekend and get some numbers...

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
jeepgclwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:01 PM   #3
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95

Moved to Non-Specific. If it's not street racing, it should go here. Just keep that in mind from now on...

CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:13 PM   #4
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MZR_47

yeah, I do give you style points for that. I had assumed that he tried to slapshift it himself and failed miserably.

if I met this guy in person I would kick the crap out of him for being a cocky bastard with someone else's car.

Silencer Delete | SPT Catback | Megan Racing DP | TEIN Flex Coilovers | Front and Rear Sway Bars | DBA Rotors | TurboXS UTEC | 18 psi
MZR_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
cHo
AF Newbie

The other day I saw an older man (60+) driving a Carrera GT and was misshifting and griding gears like a mother.. Must be nice to be rich..

MZR: What is this? INDEFINATELY OUT OF COMMISSION?
cHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #6
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MZR_47

Having some issues. She is up and running now, just not 100%. Ill post a thread here in a minute about it. Happened during stage two install, we used some pretty unorthodox methods to get the stock pulley off, which broke something on the SC

and I would slap that carrera GT guy for being a noob.

Silencer Delete | SPT Catback | Megan Racing DP | TEIN Flex Coilovers | Front and Rear Sway Bars | DBA Rotors | TurboXS UTEC | 18 psi
MZR_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:19 AM   #7
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZR_47
yeah, I do give you style points for that. I had assumed that he tried to slapshift it himself and failed miserably.
Even then, the S4 still should have pulled him int he big end, because if he floored it, even if he upshifted like an idiot the kickdown would have pulled the car back down a gear. I know from eprsonal experience with my own car, which didn't have a performance oriented auto tranny it still did it. At most, he would have had the S4 behind him for all of two-three seconds, and then it would have pulled him back in and took off.

So if the race went from 30 to 55 I can see it as you thinking you won. Maybe if you also shut down as soon as he started pulling back up on you. So you either A)Lost or B)Had a ricer win.
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:37 AM   #8
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

I cant wait to see actual track times on this Cooper...

Whats up Cassisman. I'm leaving California to head back to Texas tomorrow. I'll be in Eagle Lake for 2 weeks and then going to Cleburne till the end of the year, I'll be staying at a place just south of Ft. Worth.

If you still have your car I wanna get a run in with you. How far are you from the southern part of Ft. Worth...

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
jeepgclwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:59 PM   #9
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgclwj
I cant wait to see actual track times on this Cooper...

Whats up Cassisman. I'm leaving California to head back to Texas tomorrow. I'll be in Eagle Lake for 2 weeks and then going to Cleburne till the end of the year, I'll be staying at a place just south of Ft. Worth.

If you still have your car I wanna get a run in with you. How far are you from the southern part of Ft. Worth...
Not far at all. I'm dead center in between Dallas and Ft. Worth, so I can pretty much head out anytime. My girl lives just north of Ft. Worth in Saginaw, and my best friend with the now stock IS300 lives in/around the TCU area so I can get there any time. Just shoot me a PM, I'lls ee if I can put together a little meet up. I should still have the car by then, I'm only partially looking at selling it. Its no biggy to me, I just wanna get back into something a bit more Teutonic for now, and have my eyes on a few models. I'd definately be down for a run.
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Non Specific