Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 11:17 AM   #1
SPEEDYGUN
AF Newbie

How do you remove the driver seat armrest on a 2002 Tahoe?

I have a 2002 Tahoe with the leather captain style "heated" front seats. The driver's seat armrest is cracked, so I bought a brand new arm rest to replace it, but I can't figure out how to take the old one off.

Can anyone help a frustrated tahoe owner out?
SPEEDYGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:14 PM   #2
klinn
AF Newbie

Re: How do you remove the driver seat armrest on a 2002 Tahoe?

It depends how physical you want to get. The driver seat back easily separates. If you tilt the seat back forward toward the steering wheel, come in through the driver side rear door and find the plastic "J" type clips all along the bottom of the seat cover. Once you get them separated, you can now tilt the seat backall the way down, like laying down. Then shove your arm up along the side of the seat and you will have to use the braile method to feel for some clips near the arm rest (they are sewn to the back of the leather). Pop them free and now you can move the leather material away from the arm rest (don't forget to resnap them when your done or the leather won't look right) After you move it away enough, look down using a flashlight, there is a horseshoe clip that comes down from the top. If the armrest has never been removed, there is a small black rubber band that is on the bottom of the clip, take that off or the clip will fight you coming off. If you don't want to go through that, just skip to the part of pulling the leather away from the arm rest (leather will stretch and give, but you have to go slowly and give it time to move). I have done this both ways, but the long way is the proper method. Hope this makes sense and helps.
15+ years in the automotive industry
opcorn:
klinn is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe