Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 10:03 AM   #1
ads2000
AF Newbie

Angry stupid 330xi prob

Wow, i just picked up my 02' blue topaz 330xi
yesterday. What pissed me off was the transmission probs that very same night when i drove it home. It shifted funny. upshifted when i broke and didnt shift at all sometimes. Had to drive the step-tronic back to the dealer. They diagnosed it with some chip problem that communicated with the fuel injection and transmission. He said that the
electronic problem happens sometimes and that the chip usually last a lifetime, but has problems sometimes in the first 6 months.

Any bullshit to this?? anyone else had this problems?? i mean i literally have like 100 miles on this car.
ads2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 10:14 AM   #2
VDubBoy22
AF Newbie

I would say that the diagnosis sounds about right. I would think that it was bullshit if you had mabey 2,000 miles on the car. I would let them replace it because it's still under warranty.
I am a member of BMW Planet and talk to the 3 series guys a lot and have never heard of this problem exept a few guys have had a couple of prblems with the torque converter. Sorry to hear about the problem hope you get it taken care of quickly. Let us know what happens.
VDubBoy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 12:22 PM   #3
ads2000
AF Newbie

Talking its back

here i can tell you exactly what was wrong with it.
they Pulse sender on the cranksft ware replaced as well as the cranshaft; hmm? whats an 0-ring?
something on the work order said O-ring

Well, its fine now.
Time to enjoy.
Hope It wont run into any other problems. I just cant wait until i break this baby in!
ads2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 01:31 PM   #4
VDubBoy22
AF Newbie

I glad that you have your baby back. The O-Ring is the seal between the transmission and the engine. :smoker2: :smoker2:
VDubBoy22 is offline   Reply With Quote