Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
glenmalkowicz
AF Newbie

why is my clutch down stuck on my nissan pathdinder??

i own a 1993 nissan pathfinder and it has been sitting for a couple years, and my kids were playing with the pedels sometimes (so it might ben them), anyways so when i went to start it, it started, but when i tried to drive, the cluch went right to the flour and stayed there, but i can pull it back up with my hand if i want but it does the same thing every time, but i still cant drive the car beacuse i cant switch gears since the clutch is not working, it almost feels like the rod that goes down to the clutch is disconected or somethig but i have no clue, anyone have ideas?
glenmalkowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
HeWhoKillz
AF Regular

Re: why is my clutch down stuck on my nissan pathdinder??

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmalkowicz View Post
i own a 1993 nissan pathfinder and it has been sitting for a couple years, and my kids were playing with the pedels sometimes (so it might ben them), anyways so when i went to start it, it started, but when i tried to drive, the cluch went right to the flour and stayed there, but i can pull it back up with my hand if i want but it does the same thing every time, but i still cant drive the car beacuse i cant switch gears since the clutch is not working, it almost feels like the rod that goes down to the clutch is disconected or somethig but i have no clue, anyone have ideas?
Does it stay up if you reach down and lift it back up? Can you move it back and forth with ease or does it pull towards the floor? I have a 93 sentra with the pedal was floored. I could move it back and forth and it would stay up at the top if I moved it there by hand but when I went to push it, it went straight to the floor. There is supposed to be a spring behind the pedal. I had to get another spring straight from Nissan. Not sure if this helps any.
HeWhoKillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
glenmalkowicz
AF Newbie

ya it stays to the flour and u can move it back and forth with your hand easly, it also stays up too,
glenmalkowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
HeWhoKillz
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmalkowicz View Post
ya it stays to the flour and u can move it back and forth with your hand easly, it also stays up too,
I would investigate about if its controlled by a spring. I'm not sure if yours has a spring or not but mine was a sentra same year both from nissan so perhaps that is the case.
HeWhoKillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:03 PM   #5
RahX
AF Enthusiast

If it is hydraulic, it might be out of fluid. It could be a return spring problem. If it is a PULL style throwout bearing, the bearing may have come loose from the pressure plate.
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical