Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
relic12003
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to relic12003
clutch won't release on '98 5 speed, any ideas??

I got a "98 tib with 5 speed. Clutch won't release when pedal is pushed, pedal goes down about a 1/3rd and stops, nothing happens on tranny. Replaced clutch release cylinder 2 weeks ago cause seal went, everything fine after, till now. Can anyone help me to look for problem??? I appreciate any help. I live in Canada if that makes any difference on the make/model. Thank you for your time. My email is danwilton2006@yahoo.ca Thank you again for any help.
relic12003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
relic12003
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to relic12003
Re: clutch won't release on '98 5 speed, any ideas??

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic12003 View Post
I got a "98 tib with 5 speed. Clutch won't release when pedal is pushed, pedal goes down about a 1/3rd and stops, nothing happens on tranny. Replaced clutch release cylinder 2 weeks ago cause seal went, everything fine after, till now. Can anyone help me to look for problem??? I appreciate any help. I live in Canada if that makes any difference on the make/model. Thank you for your time. My email is danwilton2006@yahoo.ca Thank you again for any help.
Good day to all,
I found my problem. When I put the transmission back in, the throw out bearing didn't engage the clutch. After i took it apart and put it back together again, and bled the clutch release cylinder again, everything worked fine. Thanks for your time.
relic12003 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani