Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 11:53 PM   #16
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Re: Street Racing death hits too close to home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymilk55
Seriously l33tc4k30fd00m, FUCK you

My friend just died and u called him a dumbass. Eat shit and die.
Yeah, l33tc4k30fd00m... I'd punch you in your throat if I knew where you were! Have some respect!

crunchymilk55: sorry for your loss. But this is the chance we take... and we should all know that! If you don't... I'm sorry to say, but you shouldn't be racing on the streets then and hopefully this will make some of you rethink things. I'm not disrespecting your friend or anythng... but there are alot of dumb people out there with powerful cars killing themselves and others and making this pasttime we all enjoy hard to enjoy nowadays.... this is real life... not TV.

RIP.

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
1viadrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:06 AM   #17
joebowlr21
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to joebowlr21

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymilk55
Piņa bit the steering wheel.

"At least I won," he said with a last gasp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thamilton@express-news.net
Can people confirm that the guy actually said that? Not to be a prick or n e thing, but he was acting very irrisponsible with his other friends.Not that he deserves what happened, but man he was really crossing that line that night.

Sorry for the loss buddy, i kno it's hard to lose a buddy. Not to long ago my buddy's bro died street racing out here in Lancaster.He was racing in a sub 12 sec. turbo gsr when the other guy in his Cobra just lost control. Cobra swerved into the Teg an ran it off the road. The integra wrapped around a telephone pole. He had on a 5 point harness but it wasn't enough......and to think....he was going to have a roll cage put in the next day which would have saved his life. Shit like this happens all the time, and it really is sad.
joebowlr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:16 AM   #18
crunchymilk55
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to crunchymilk55
Yeah, this accident has definitely caused a big shift in thinking for me and my friends. Most of us have traded in for "big-bodies" (SUV's like yukon's, tahoes, and such.) Although I'm sure some people may still race them, they are a lot less likely to in something so slow.

He was a real good guy too, he loved his car, and took care of it perfectly. But everything can end in a flash, when you take certain risks, a fact that has definitely changed the outlook of quite some people now.

I've read other local reports that said he was instantly killed, they mentioned nothing about his last words or such. I dont know the guy that reported that, but he might have said it.

The "scene" here in San Antonio changed quite a bit after a week or so, but now the "hot spots" are alive again. It's sad, because it's only a matter of time until history repeats itself.
crunchymilk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:19 AM   #19
caleb56
AF Regular

Hey

I knew simeon also I should have been out that night if i had my car and probably would have raced him. He was being irresponsable he should not have been racing that far down that road he should have took the turn around like all of us, but in the heat of the moment he went down the road hit a dip lost control hit a curb and soon it was all over. Life is hard he didnt know he would die. Yet he had the choice and he chose to race. Simeon would not have wanted everyone to stop racing he would have told us to be careful and take it to the track. Why the hell dont you guys understand this, if he would have been at the track there would be a lot less of a chance to die. I usually go down to the hot spot but out of respect for simeon i will never go back down there again. If you ever see me i will be burning out in the spot simeon died. He should have a website in memory of him so that everyone knows this kid who made straight a's, didnt do drugs, didnt drink. He would have been someone great but what does bother me is this srt4 which it was. I know i went down that night and the officer told me he had died. I talked to all my friends who had talked to the passenger. It was black and it decided to run and has not been caught. If your gonna race take the responsability for your actions and live up to them. Just remember there will never be a yellow corvette down on judson road racing.
caleb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:29 AM   #20
BLU CIVIC
調整器

Send a message via MSN to BLU CIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to BLU CIVIC

can't blame the neon...didn't do anything wrong...like in any game where the rules are understood...i guess not stopping is one of them seeing that u can be jailed for vehicular manslaughter and what not...his only responsibility was to race...
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock
2011 CR-Z - Stock
BLU CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:43 AM   #21
EclipseRST
Banned

Send a message via AIM to EclipseRST Send a message via MSN to EclipseRST Send a message via Yahoo to EclipseRST
Re: Re: Street Racing death hits too close to home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33tc4k30fd00m
LMAO! Oh God! What a dumbass.

But hey, I'm all for street racing. It's not like anyone not involved gets hur... Oh wait.

Those FUCKING BASTARDS! How DARE they get in the way of a street race!?
there is no need for any of that!!! how would you like it if one of your friends was dead or better yet if you were dead and people were talking about you that way?!?! grow up!

as for the rest of the thread... sorry man to hear your friend died! a really good friend of mine was riding with her B/F and he was acting stupid trying to show off by racing and he lost contol of his car putting her in a coma, the good thing is she is came out of the coma and is now goin to make a full recovery, as for him, he's got 2 broken legs and a broken arm and is getting a minimum of 25yrs in prison for attempted manslaughter and reclace driving! all because of street racing! some people just need to mature a little and take it to the track if they want to race and cant control their car!! its getting totally out of hand! i swear i cant drive across town without someone reving their engine at me or come flying by me as if they want to race! its pathetic...
EclipseRST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:07 PM   #22
-Jayson-
AF Enthusiast

i feel sad and that is an all to common story. I really hope his last words werent "atleast i won" cause not to be harsh or try to put him down, but that just makes him look stupid. That means he is accepting the fact that he is going to die over a race?! But to be 17 and have that car. . .god im so glad my first car wasnt very fast. Thats irresponsible parenting to buy a young kid that powerful of a car or even let him own one. Im just glad he didnt kill anyone else. As for the other driver i dont blame him for fleeing the scene, like he really wants to spend the rest of his life in jail b/c a kid was reckless (not saying the srt4 wasnt). But like that article said, there are race tracks to go to, why street race on a curvy bumpy road with all kinds of pedestrians and innocent bystanders when you can go to a track and concentrate soly on the race?

SouthEast Ecotec Enthusiast
-Jayson- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 11:11 PM   #23
ttspeed
AF Newbie

wow, that story really freaks me out,especially considering I almost got a mustang gt like his, and am 16 year old texan. Instead I decided for a 2000 audi tt quattro. Not as fast but it handles like a dream. This accident though proves that AMERICAN MUSCLES CARS SHOULD NOT BE USED IN STREET RACING.They have horrible handling, and are overpowered for weight distribution. If you race one, just remember, its your life. I have heard a lot of stories about people getting killed in street racing in a straight line, how the fuck does that happen? I have seen a lot of races, but never been in on, prob. cuase my car woud loose, lol.
ttspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 12:05 AM   #24
caleb56
AF Regular

no thats not it

The handling wasnt the problem the dip was the problem. It can happen to anyone you hit a dip and your hand moves the steering wheel in one direction. Dont hate on American muscle. I can find some import people that have died from situations like this.
caleb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 04:16 PM   #25
l33tc4k30fd00m
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to l33tc4k30fd00m Send a message via Yahoo to l33tc4k30fd00m
Oops! Looks like I caused a little bit of an upset.

Quote:
there is no need for any of that!!! how would you like it if one of your friends was dead or better yet if you were dead and people were talking about you that way?!?! grow up!
You want me to be honest? No. No you do not.

I am sorry. For what it's worth.
l33tc4k30fd00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #26
fluffynugs420
AF Newbie

I know this an old thread but Simeon was a great dude to say the least. He always had a smile could whoop peoples ass but didnt go punking people. He was truly a nice genuine dude that I had been down with since 6th grade and coincidentally had the exact same schedule as him for 7th and 8th grade. but to any of you talking shit about my homie who still is present in spirit can EAT A DICK real talk. And karma is a biznitch so other than wut I just told you haters ima leave it to God. R.I.P. Simeon I aint forgot bout ya big homie see ya when I get there...
fluffynugs420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #27
Lolvo850
AF Newbie

Street racing isn't dangerous.

Not knowing how to drive is dangerous.

Being 17 and making stupid decisions about when/where to race is dangerous.

Not knowing when to let off versus when to show off is dangerous.

But I haven't seen anyone ever get hurt at our small, organized midnight runs in the middle of nowhere. I have, on the other hand, seen people injured and killed at race tracks.

There's a safe way to do things, and a stupid way to do things. Most 17-24 year olds racing choose the stupid way, and it's unfortunate.
Lolvo850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #28
Elizabethpedroley
AF Newbie

I'm the wife of the sweet young man that was lost. I realize these posts are older, but I stumbled across this while trying to find a picture of my husband online to show a friend. All these years later I still think of him and miss him daily. For those of you that say racing isn't dangerous, I'm sad that you haven't learned anything from his death. All we were doing was riding in the back seat of a friend's car. I felt a bump from behind and before I could say or do anything the car started rolling. After the car stopped rolling I turned to my husband's seat and there was a cold fear that went through my body as I realized he was missing. I'm haunted by the images that remain in my mind of how demolished he was. So yes, yes racing is dangerous. I had to tell his mother that her son was going to die that night. I can still hear the scream that she let out over the phone. I live in pain daily from the whiplash. I have to take medication and undergo painful procedures to make my daily life just a little more tolerable. I lost my soulmate that day. He was my one, my everything. We were just kids. The person that hit us didn't stop. Coward. So, please don't let his death go unnoticed. Learn something.

As for the remark about about us getting in the way on a street race, I pray for you. I pray that you never have to go through what I went through that night. I pray that God blesses you and makes His way into your life. And I pray that He forgives you for your hurtful comment.
Elizabethpedroley is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing