Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Proton > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 02:41 PM   #1
danone3001
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to danone3001
proton cars...

well its sad to see no one ever post somthing about this brand.. but what i can really say that this brand was quite sux... maintain the same model (SAGA) for as long as 20 years with only some face lift... i dont think they export it to other country but seeing the same model for 20 years was quite boring... and boring... i prefer to get a toyota than proton even thought it was my country national car... and the fact is.. car price was soooo expensive in malaysia because the goverment wants to protect proton in their local market... just imagine the local price for a proton waja (impian) was rm58,000++ while u can get a toyota vios about 80,000 include a 100% tax from the original price.. so.. just see how expensive proton cars are... and they still can say that they didnt make so much profit.. how bullshit...!@

i just wish i was on some other country where the car are cheaper...

until now i think i never get my dream car - nissan fairladyz a.k.a. 350z... which cost me up to rm300000++ huhu.. plzz mann cut off those taxes....
danone3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
knightjp
AF Regular

Re: proton cars...

I beg to differ on the value you put on your country's national car.

Think of it, a car company from Malaysia bought one of the most respected British firms in the world (Lotus). Using knowledge from Lotus they managed to make a wonderful "Hot-hatch".

Perhaps they might have been really expensive in Malaysia, but over here in the UAE, they got my respect.

Protons appeared on our roads about the same time as Kia. The market leader here is Toyota, second Nissan as always...

Anyways, when Proton arrived, it proved to last better in the extreme heat than its Korean counterpart. The Wira sold here for quite some time and still does in small numbers.

Sad to say the name of Proton has almost disappeared here in UAE because of the advertising. Now people here only buy what they can see in posters and on TV, which is now Kia/ Hyundai. How stupid can they be????

If proton can use all of its resources avaliable (Lotus engineering), they can make on fantastic car.
knightjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:29 AM   #3
cham2020
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to cham2020 Send a message via MSN to cham2020 Send a message via Yahoo to cham2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightjp
I beg to differ on the value you put on your country's national car.

Think of it, a car company from Malaysia bought one of the most respected British firms in the world (Lotus). Using knowledge from Lotus they managed to make a wonderful "Hot-hatch".

Perhaps they might have been really expensive in Malaysia, but over here in the UAE, they got my respect.

Protons appeared on our roads about the same time as Kia. The market leader here is Toyota, second Nissan as always...

Anyways, when Proton arrived, it proved to last better in the extreme heat than its Korean counterpart. The Wira sold here for quite some time and still does in small numbers.

Sad to say the name of Proton has almost disappeared here in UAE because of the advertising. Now people here only buy what they can see in posters and on TV, which is now Kia/ Hyundai. How stupid can they be????

If proton can use all of its resources avaliable (Lotus engineering), they can make on fantastic car.
ok, i need to clarify.
proton exported their cars with better specs, and lower price but the locals gets lousy quality cars with expensive price and low spec.

can you imagine a car with power window failure after 2 monthes usage ?
a car with door handle broken often?

www.autoworld.com.my/forum

go there and read..there are lots of complains from proton owners...
however, after they loose lots of market share, they began to wake up and produce much quality cars compare before...

proton sells in malaysia because of the protected market..
Old 08-25-2007, 11:46 AM   #4
knightjp
AF Regular

Thats a bad business move in my view.... The first thing that a comapny should do is win the hearts of its national buyers.... Take a look at the Koreans manufacturers.... they won the hearts of their nationals and by that it has given them a sense of national pride....

All I was trying to do was the same... give you a sense of national pride in your country's national manufacturer... by telling you what a great achievement they performed here in the UAE....
Old 08-25-2007, 11:50 AM   #5
cham2020
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to cham2020 Send a message via MSN to cham2020 Send a message via Yahoo to cham2020

yes,that's what they are doing now..
do you know after sales service is terrible?
inexperience service centre that charge you skyrocketing prices for parts and claim parts that are damaged but actually they are intact..

my friend bought a proton iswara ( mitsu lancer fiore ) few years ago
1) gear cant shift to gear 2
2) bumper fitment gaps
3) best of all ..they mess up the number plates ( eg : front is 123 , rear is 132)

there are many problems..
even local cabbies running on proton iswara are complaining as the car given to them have lots of problem. Once i read , the taxi driver told that the meter cable was broken every year ..imagine that....

these are only tip of the iceberg..
venture more and you will understand the plight of malaysians..

pardon for my bad english
Old 08-25-2007, 12:01 PM   #6
knightjp
AF Regular

I plan to make a trip to Malaysia next year in the Summer. Perhaps I will see then how really your plight is....

You know you guys have the power to change that.... Even if foreign cars are expensive, go for those n let the sales of Proton go down. This will force the manufacturer to take notice of what kind of car you really want...

Just an idea.... don"t do something that will get you in prison...
Old 09-10-2007, 05:51 AM   #7
knightjp
AF Regular

Just noticed a few new Protons on the road here in the UAE. They had door handles missing.... lol

Prolly gives me a clue of that you were talking about Cham2020...

I guess a car company can always improve though... there is hope. But only if people speak up about it.

for instance here, KIA was getting horrible reviews... in terms of their build quality. Now I have to say, after many years of customers complaining, their cars are coming out with standards that I would say rivals the Japanese....
Not quite as good as the Japs, but getting there...

The Proton Wira is not that brilliant when you compare it with an original Mitsubishi Lancer, but it comes so close to the mark.

Speak up and give it time...
Old 09-14-2007, 07:00 AM   #8
imezy
AF Newbie

hi just wondering if anyone has a proton satria gti if so im just trying to find out if i get a turbo done if i'll have to change the engine as i have a 4g93 i got told they don't have the commpresion to handle the turbo is this true
imezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:23 AM   #9
rsonline
Banned

DVD player 7" Motorized Touchscreen Monitor with bluetooth function

visit : www.rsonline.lelong.com.my

rsonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:55 PM   #10
john8098
AF Newbie

buy performance proton oil filter for better engine protection and smooth driving manner, visit http://www.won-mart.com/ShowCategories.aspx , also get advice how to protect your car at any articles & forum there.
john8098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #11
waka
AF Newbie

proton oh proton, when i will change this car. but if i change it will be not proton brand again
Old 06-30-2008, 12:07 AM   #12
ericmaxman
AF Regular

The problem is, people's perception that proton cars are there since the 90's. So, it is going to be tough to shake it off. Their latest car, like the Persona and the new SAGA, is quite good, actually.
ericmaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:53 AM   #13
steven7810
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to steven7810

hi to all driver...

steven from kuala lumpur malaysia...i do drive 1 of the proton iswara (MIT LANCER FIORE) year made 1995 original 1.3 manual gear.
yes i agree with some of the compliant tat mention early and above it..
maybe is my luck tat my car no such problem like power window out of service,metre cable broken or others..
i do convert my engine to 4G92 MIVEC in to my iswara so far so good...and i still driving it untill now 2009...thank you.
steven7810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:26 AM   #14
johnlimcs
AF Newbie

Hi To All Proton Owner
There are good news for all Proton owner, I am John Lim who want to share with you the advantages of the J & A Ultra Power spark Plug Cable. The cable was initiate due to the cable I used on is rather weak and high fuel consumption, I believe Proton Car can performance much better thus the idea was initiated. After few years of study the J & A Ultra Cable was form and tested. It give much more smmoth and powerful driving and save fuel.

Take a look on the youtube website and come back to me if you have any query. Thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkqwDnM3-mQ
johnlimcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:20 AM   #15
smithaaren
AF Newbie

Very nice.....

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Proton > General Discussion