Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > JDM Motor & Parts info/chat
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
JDM Motor & Parts info/chat Discussions on Mugen, Spoon etc. Plus, info on motor swaps (b18 's, b16's h22's etc) and other JDM info!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
oval racer03
AF Newbie

89 civic stock car b20 frankenstien

hey guys i'm new to this forum stuff so here it goes... Im running at a 1/3 mile oval in ontario canada with a 89 civic up until the end og last season all we could run were sohc non v-tech's so everyone was running zc's with a pm7 computer and i had a mini-me my car set up so it was just hitting the rev limiter at the end of the straight. But now they have allowed dohc non-vtec for next year so i'm just wondering what to build i have been told to build a frankenstien a b20b block (witch i have found) with a b18 head of a non-v-tech i'm just wondering will this fit in a civic? are they reliable? and what tranny do i use?any help or idea's would be appriciated
oval racer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

Re: 89 civic stock car b20 frankenstien

It will fit. It will basically be the same thing as swapping in any B-series into your car, so just do a search online for a walkthrough. But the non-vtec (no H) B18 heads are the same as the one from the B20B's. Although some B20's come with bigger valves on one side, I forget if it's the intake side (I believe it's those) or the exhaust side. As for transmission, I have no idea which one would be ideal for you specific needs. You could get one from an older Integra, or use one from a '94-'01 Integra if you are willing to buy a cable to hydraulic kit for it. Here's a transmission gear calculator that might help you decide:
http://fatboyraceworks.com/gears/
CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
oval racer03
AF Newbie

Re: 89 civic stock car b20 frankenstien

thanks for the info that helps iv done some looking online and found the ys1 tranny we run 2nd gear at the track and it has a longer one than any of the other ones i think i will try one. as for the head i have to put on a integra head because my car looks like a teg and your sopossed to have the stock motor for the car so i'm just going to pop that head on an re-number the block and that should give me more torque than the stock non-vtech b18b?
oval racer03 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > JDM Motor & Parts info/chat