Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LaCrosse/Allure
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 06:56 AM   #1
march00
AF Newbie

Buick Lacrosse

I have owned this car for 6 months, sometimes when I go from reverse to drive there is a thump which to me means that the transmission is not reacting fast enough. Dealer says its nothing...
Also, what is that yellow light with the explanation point in the middle of it?

thanks
Nick
march00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
polarzak
AF Regular

Re: Buick Lacrosse

IF the light is round with an exclamation point, it is a brake issue. It is the same light that will come on if you put the parking brake on. If it looks like a U with an exclamation point inside, then it is your tire pressure monitor. One or more of your tires is low. That is what is in my wife's Lacrosse manual. She has no transmissions issues.
My Lucerne, on the other hand, has the same problem with the transmission. Dealer says is it nothing also, but as far as I am concerned it is not normal. Wrote to GM and they finally extended my drive train warranty. I figure the minute the extended warranty is up, the tranny will fall out on the Interstate.
polarzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
hinton08
Firefighter317

The yellow light is your tire pressure monitoring system. It means there is a malfunction in the system. Scroll through the tire pressures on your Driver Information Center. Check all your tire pressures and adjust if necessary. If there is only one tire that is not reading, you will more than likely need a tire pressure monitoring sensor installed. If all 4 tires are not reading, try relearning the tire monitor system. If the system will not relearn, suspect a faulty tire pressure monitoring system module. Usually if there is just a light that stays on all the time and no service message, you just need to adjust your tire pressures. If there is something wrong with the sensors or module, the light will blink, DTCs will be stored in the BCM, and you will have a Service Tire Monitor message displayed. As far as the transmission problem, there is a GM Service Bulletin out for similar problems. Below is a link to the GM Service Bulletin. Hope this helps!

http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?d...365983&from=sm
hinton08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
polarzak
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinton08 View Post
there is a GM Service Bulletin out for similar problems. Below is a link to the GM Service Bulletin. Hope this helps!

http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?d...365983&from=sm

Hinton08...I would really like to read this bulletin, however it says I am not authorized to view it. Can you help with this problem? I really would like to see if it does apply to my vehicle, and print it off and take it to my dealer. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
hinton08
Firefighter317

Polarzak, private msg me and I will give you the log in info for GM. I work at a GM dealership as a diesel tech but I cant really put the log in info over the internet. Just msg me and I'll give you the info.
hinton08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
polarzak
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinton08 View Post
Polarzak, private msg me and I will give you the log in info for GM. I work at a GM dealership as a diesel tech but I cant really put the log in info over the internet. Just msg me and I'll give you the info.
Thank you very much.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LaCrosse/Allure