Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 07:12 AM   #1
Boosted1
AF Enthusiast

Started to buy stuff

Well I'm getting the car fixed soon. The other night we disconnected the front part of the driveshaft which was hanging down to the ground and drove it 5 minutes down the road FWD to get it home. Kinda sketchy. Anyway, I was set on getting a CF driveshaft, but I might be selling the car, and I found a used one in what appears to be and has been verified to be great condition on ebay...I won the bid last night at $102.50. It's going to save me $900. $900! I like that. I also bid on a P.S. window regulator but lost that one last minute. There are more though. Going to bid on a P.S. door panel and dashboard too which are ripped. I TRIED...MAN I TRIED, for the LS6 MAF with the translator and K&N...I just have too many repairs right now, and I was in a bidding war the last 5 mins...it went for $325. Would have been so sweet though. Oh well, maybe next time. My next move is to buy a BOV (I'm thinking the first one listed on 3sx - it's sooo loud ) and I need a boost gauge so I can install my MBC. A few other things like syncro and clutch soon too. So yeah, that's my update. I mainly wanted sympathy that I didn't get the MAF system . Did anyone on here get it?

1989 5.0L Ford Mustang (MODIFIED)

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/761789

Boosted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 08:36 AM   #2
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
I didn't get it, but I am cheering for you to keep saving that kind of money. 900 is a heck of a start.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 04-17-2005, 02:38 PM   #3
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Re: Started to buy stuff

Nice, glad to hear you are starting to get it fixed. One piece of advice...on ebay, don't bid on stuff you like until 5 mins before the auction is ending. If you bid earlier, the other bidder will undoubtedly check back, see they have been outbid, and you will induce a bidding war. I never place a bid until there is 30 seconds left. Then I outbid them and win....havn't lost an auction yet. Just my .02
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 02:44 PM   #4
talskinyguy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to talskinyguy

Wow, thats an insane steal on the driveshaft. But please dont ever drive your car without the driveshaft attached again. The VCU is not designed to work without it. Im actually surprised it made it that far.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:13 PM   #5
Gateway
AF Enthusiast

hey igo, if the current bid is $50.00, but their "high" bid is $80.00, and you start at 30 seconds to bid, u might lose if you say go up 5 bucks a time.
RPS Streetmax clutch
Rebuilt tranny
Free Boost Mod
Maximal Performance Solid Motor Mounts

Pictures and Videos of my car
Got a question about your auto insurance? I'm an insurance agent, ask away.
Gateway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 06:10 PM   #6
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Well I always pick the max price I'm willing to spend and hope it outbids theirs. Thus far it has.
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 06:34 PM   #7
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Thourun

Think a rear valve cover is worth anything? I recently bought a front one to practise polishing in my spare time and it came with it.
Installed: ESP front precat eliminating downpipe, test pipe, RF-1008 K&N, Dejon tool Y pipe, 1G DSM BOV, MSD wires, Guted rear pre cat, ISSPRO EV Marine boost gauge, IPO MBC, EGR blockoffs, Palm m515 dataloger setup, NGK iridium plugs, SPEC stage II clutch 500ft/lb, 5300k HID plug and play setup.

Soon:Topline Engineering ground wires.
Thourun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 07:46 PM   #8
Boosted1
AF Enthusiast

Thanks guys...if I had waited until 30 seconds left, I probably would have won the item. Oh well, I know for next time. It's a start anyway, can't wait to get it fixed. I need a PS door panel as well and the bid ended on one today that I forgot about...it sold for $1.25. How could I forget? Oh well.

1989 5.0L Ford Mustang (MODIFIED)

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/761789

Boosted1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth