Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: WRX or RSX type S ???
WRX 46 44.23%
RSX type S 58 55.77%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 07:26 PM   #46
ballinboi420
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ballinboi420
rsx looks alot better.... not quite as fast... drove both... but if u drop a turbo in the rsx-s then we are talkin... the only reason the wrx has the power is from the turbo... plus the allwheel drive is nice.. but it takes more power to power the 4 wheels... go wit the rsx...
Old 08-31-2002, 11:15 PM   #47
Drifter To Be
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by ballinboi420
rsx looks alot better.... not quite as fast... drove both... but if u drop a turbo in the rsx-s then we are talkin... the only reason the wrx has the power is from the turbo... plus the allwheel drive is nice.. but it takes more power to power the 4 wheels... go wit the rsx...
AGREED
Old 09-01-2002, 11:55 PM   #48
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Quote:
Originally posted by ballinboi420
drop a turbo in the rsx... and watch it go boom. 11.5 CR ya know. the engine is just too highly strung from the factory. yeah they get a lot of specific output from it, but a 2.0 N/A can only be pushed so far, and they push it so far from the factory its hard to get much more out of it. if you wanna turbo, youre not gonna get any really good results unless you go rebuild the engine to handle it, especially lower compression pistons. but once you lower the compression, its not a 200hp car anymore, so youre turbo has to make up for all that lost power before it makes more.

"only reason the wrx has the power is from the turbo" hmm... maybe its the boxer engine design which is naturally balanced and torquey... plus being a factory turbo means cheap and easy to get a lot more performance out of it. see how much money it would get an rsx to run 12's, and see how much it would take the wrx to run 12's, i think youd be surprised how much cheaper/easier it is in the wrx.
Old 09-02-2002, 12:11 AM   #49
LjasonL
Some Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by mikelemo
I just don't think the WRX has any potential. You look in a magazine (I believe Automotive) with a tricked out WRX, which they have listed at $500,000 (Yes, that's 5 zeros!), and it is 300 HP.
well duh! thats the prodrive rally car! its got a lot more to it than 300hp! most of the entire car is carbon fiber. the transmission is a specially prepared 6 speed sequential dogbox with autoclutch. the rear differential automatically disengages when the ebrake is pulled to allow smoother handbrake turns. the entire suspension is rally ready. that car does 0-60 in 5.4 seconds on gravel!. it makes 300hp with all the boost and intake restrictions put on to keep it legal in WRC, remove those and it makes a LOT more power.
Old 09-02-2002, 12:17 AM   #50
Drifter To Be
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by ldelaysionl

well duh! thats the prodrive rally car! its got a lot more to it than 300hp! most of the entire car is carbon fiber. the transmission is a specially prepared 6 speed sequential dogbox with autoclutch. the rear differential automatically disengages when the ebrake is pulled to allow smoother handbrake turns. the entire suspension is rally ready. that car does 0-60 in 5.4 seconds on gravel!. it makes 300hp with all the boost and intake restrictions put on to keep it legal in WRC, remove those and it makes a LOT more power.
LOL! WELL SAID!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2002, 01:58 AM   #51
GoOfY_StyLeZ
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to GoOfY_StyLeZ
rsx type-s

rsx type-s...

u turbocharge that shit...refine it a lil...dance round the performance...n u get one hot import...(although u still gotta respect the wrx for its performance)

ps...isnt subaru commin out with a new version of the wrx? the wrx sti version??? i herd this car is supposed to giv the lancer evo 7 a run for its money on performance...or sumthing (holla back)
Old 09-02-2002, 10:33 AM   #52
Drifter To Be
AF Enthusiast

yes there is a STi version.
Old 09-22-2002, 03:13 PM   #53
Konfuzion_05
AF Newbie

I vote RSX!

I won't argue the fact that the WRX is faster. It's a fact and on paper.
The question is, what do you prefer? What do you want in a car?
Is it all about what's under the hood or is it comfort and luxury and a little of what's under the hood?
When I look at the WRX, I personally don't get anything out of it. If we were rally racing, yeah...I would chose the WRX because to ME, that's what it's made for. Again, just my own personal opinion.
I think what really turns me off is the "boxy" shape and the "bug eye" headlights on the WRX. Give it a new look, and I might be all over it!

RSX does have it's pros and cons as well.
Insufficient passenger space(back seats) and not having the AWD technology(especially when driving during winter time...in Canada) are some of the disadvantages of the RSX.
It's sporty look, reliability, luxury(leather seats,.....) are some selling points for this ride.
Everytime I see an RSX, I drop everything I'm doing in order to take a a better look at it. It's a comfortable ride with many extras and when you have a need for speed, it is conveniently available to you!

WRX is definitely a well made car, but I prefer the RSX!
Old 09-25-2002, 01:23 AM   #54
LjasonL
Some Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Konfuzion_05
Is it all about what's under the hood or is it comfort and luxury and a little of what's under the hood?
its all about whats under the hood of course

guess we got different tastes, but honstly, my impreza has all the luxury i could ever want. i would rather have manual seats than power, and i would much rather have cloth than leather. i have power everything else. a sunroof would be nice, but its not that important. the interior may not be the highest quality around, but its a damn good design, regardless of the quality of the materials. everything is within easy reach and intuitive to get to. but like i said, we just have different tastes.

oh yeah, id really like friggin cruise control but the wrx has that.
Old 09-25-2002, 01:26 AM   #55
LjasonL
Some Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Konfuzion_05
I think what really turns me off is the "boxy" shape and the "bug eye" headlights on the WRX. Give it a new look, and I might be all over it!
oh yeah, i have to agree with ya the stock headlights are kinda ugly, but the aftermarket options (even the DIY) look good! besides, you cant see the headlights when youre driving anyways :hehe:
Old 10-08-2002, 01:27 AM   #56
littlepoop
AF Newbie

Subarus are known to require the most maintenance compared to all other Japanese cars.

the WRX also has lousy mileage. I personally will choose the RSX cuz you're sure that it will last you more than 10 years. Can't say the same for subarus.

RSX would be the wisest choice. Instead of spending $$ on maintenance, you could use it to upgrade your car.
Old 10-08-2002, 08:14 PM   #57
LjasonL
Some Guy

consumer reports ranked subaru higher than honda and toyota in overall reliability.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:50 PM   #58
Drifter To Be
AF Enthusiast

hmm...
Really? I didn't know that...
Sorry but I still believe that Honda cars are better.
and I'd prefer the Lancer Evolution over Impreza.
Just from looks, performance, etc.
(Subaru doesn't have much cars do they?)
Old 10-09-2002, 10:14 PM   #59
CaptainRSX
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to CaptainRSX
right...

the wrx is nicer on paper but it all depends on what you want.... rsx's are easier to soup up in my opinion and better on the street. the wrx is more of a rally car... especially with the awd.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:12 AM   #60
qtr_mile_freak
AF Newbie

first off i have to say that i would have to see this twin turbo rsx....(captinrsx)..
but anyways they are both great cars, i have the rsx-s, but i hate to admit that i am heavily concidering trading in on a wrx... the rsx is good for handling with the factory strut bars, but i hear that the wrx has good handling too. i raced a wrx the other night...but lets not talk about that. he beat me by about 5 or 6 cars. it was bad. but i like my car and all but i guess i just want somthing faster.. the guy i raced had his cats cut off, a manual boost control, and an apex-i n1 exaust. before the exaust he ran a 13.5. if you want an explosive gas guzzler go with the wrx...but you can look good and feel good and get 27 mpg(while out running most mustangs on the road) with the rsx-s
how much was that twin turbo anyways...concidering nobody even sells a single turbo kit for it yet....im thinkin like 20,000 mabey??

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons