Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 11:55 AM   #16
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max
Re: Y do people hate hondas so much....

becase there is nothing one can do to a honda that hasn't been done before. lambo style doors, engine swaps, neons, whatever. it's all been done before. i've even seen a old ass civic hatch with a chameleon paintjob. i don't even bat an eye.

It's not all hondas though, just the mainstream econobox's. civics, accords(non v6), del sol's, crx's, integra's. well come to think of it that's about all of them sans s2000, prelude and crv.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:11 PM   #17
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

there just really common, hell i don't like base mustangs, actually i'd rather have a honda than a v6 mustang. i love v8's though. anyway there are people souping up all kinds of cars that don't even need to be but japan made a bunch of aftermarket parts for honda's so if you want speed you can get it. yes you can run with the big v8's if you wanna spend 6 grand. nothing wrong with wanting your car to have a litle more juice, if your thinking that you can outrun supra's then your an idiot but actually if you talk to these guys they know there not fast but they were givin the car and they like to race and there's aftermarket parts so i'll add a little and race some other civics etc. mostly when you see a honda tryna race a v8 its simply cause they wanna see it go, they know they can't win.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:02 AM   #18
Prelewd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Prelewd

I don't really think there is a reason people hate honda's aside from ignorance. I can see hating the tastelessly modded cars that stain the reputation of a true enthusiast, but not all hondas. I too hate these fools.

I grew up in a muscle car family, with muscle car friends. I own a '65 chev pickup with a small block 327 in it. While it's very fun to drive, it gets to be a hassle, and isn't very practical with rising fuel costs, upkeep, and traffic.

Since then, I purchased the 1992 honda prelude you see in my avatar. While it's power might be modest, it weighs less than my truck and gets a hell of a lot better gas mileage. That's not what sold me on the car though. What sold me was the feeling that came with the awesome handling of the car. This was something I could never get out of my truck. Many of my muscle car friends really didn't realize this until they rode in my car. I constantly hear, "wow, my car could never take a corner like that..". Now they are a bit more open minded about Japanese cars, and in my opinion, better people.

I don't really care if your 454 chevelle can take my prelude in the quarter mile because not all roads are straight..

Soon..

Cars:
1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
1992 Honda Prelude Si 4WS H22a Swap - For Sale
1965 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton - 500ci Cadillac Cometh
1970 Datsun 240z - For Sale
1972 Datsun 240z - For Sale
1977 Datsun 280z - For Sale
1991 Infiniti Q45 - Engine Donor to 240z - Parting out the Rest
Sold Cars:
1976 Jaguar XJ-S - Rear end Donor to Chev Pickup
1992 Honda Prelude Si
1971 Datsun 240z
1984 Civic 1500 Hatch
Old 03-31-2004, 03:19 AM   #19
deadlight
AF Enthusiast

I think that's Honda drivers other problem, they didn't stick to corners, V-8's own the straightaways, and always will, there is no replacement for displacement, but Hondas are fucking sweet ass handlers.

Powered by Yamaha
Old 03-31-2004, 07:23 AM   #20
IntegraBoy2003
AF Enthusiast

I have a honda and I love it, It is good on gas, and gets me from point A to point B and I could care less what people say about hondas, if they are bad or not, because it is just a car, people are not going to spend the rest of their life living in it, You either hate them or love them

New York Yankees Join the asses, that rock the masses

David

Old 03-31-2004, 10:24 AM   #21
Damien
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Damien Send a message via MSN to Damien

I like Preludes n S2000s for the most part, Accords even along w/ CRX's, it's just that for the import scene, everyone seems to have one, they all look alike, people brag about thier 100 somewhat hp after adding an exhaust and intake. Just gets old, I hate anybody that does that, so it's not really the car. It's the Honda owners and how they talk, but I do like them. Civics are just old.....
Old 03-31-2004, 01:21 PM   #22
IntegraBoy2003
AF Enthusiast

true it is the Honda Owners that brag

David

Old 03-31-2004, 03:10 PM   #23
publicenemy137
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to publicenemy137
Re: Re: Re: Y do people hate hondas so much....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
I think it's because alot of honda owners over-rate and brag about hondas. But for me, there's just something different about it, hondas seem to have this tinny, plasticy, toy-like feel about them, and I still can't put my finger on it, but it really is what makes me not like them - it's hard to describe.
exactly. Honda's are just so practical and boring. Reason why it's like a toy car is because... It has no personality. People who get em are lemmings, just like everyone else.

Civics and Accords are just cheap grocery getters, and suping it up is like getting lambo doors on a neon, don't try to make it what it's not meant to be. Or else you are just going to be a wanna-be. And it's also the people. I go to the civic forums and these people are so immature (not saying all of em are). But a large portion are. They brag this and that and really bent on the idea that Civics are better than anything else. Also that if they got an engine swap, they are somehow better than you.

I had a 92 Civic before too, I could have put a fast engine in it, but it still woudn't feel like a real car. It would still always be known as the cheapest car out there and what cheap people drive, whatever engine or mods done to it. So I just saved up and bought a more unique and IMHO better car (95 Nissan 240sx)
Old 03-31-2004, 03:56 PM   #24
IntegraBoy2003
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Y do people hate hondas so much....

Quote:
Originally Posted by publicenemy137

, don't try to make it what it's not meant to be. Or else you are just going to be a wanna-be. . (95 Nissan 240sx)
True, but everyone has their own style and option, most of the people whom drive hondas are asses, My brother had the one I have now back 1994 when hooking cars up was not too commen, and did the work to it then, a few things have been modified, but I never brag about it, I could care less, it seems like now a days everyone is hooking up a car no matter what it is, the reason why people do civics is because they are cheap, I dont think that will ever change though, buit everything has been done to a civic, there is nothing else to do, you are right

David

Old 04-01-2004, 05:15 PM   #25
publicenemy137
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to publicenemy137

^ well I guess everyone does have their own style and opinion, and what people do to their own car is their business, but at the same time it is kind of annoyin how they think they have a badass car when it's worth $2000 but they put a big ricey wing. It's the aura around them.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:59 PM   #26
Prelewd
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Y do people hate hondas so much....

Quote:
Originally Posted by publicenemy137
^ well I guess everyone does have their own style and opinion, and what people do to their own car is their business, but at the same time it is kind of annoyin how they think they have a badass car when it's worth $2000 but they put a big ricey wing. It's the aura around them.
I own a honda, and I have a factory spoiler. My point is that it's the bad apples that give everyone a bad name. The only problem is that there are many more bad apples in the japanese bucket... the apples have been spoiled by the cheap aftermarket. There are, however, some good apples left that get shit from EVERYONE because are from the same tree as the bad apples. You follow?

As for honda owners thinking they have a badass car... you could say that about anyone. I've personally heard people complain about the holier-than-thou 240 owners in here being assholes to them for asking simple questions. Well why are they so fucking great? By the car value logic that publicenemy imposes, I am $2500 cooler than most of them, because my car is worth that much more. The car is not what defines someone.. it's their attitude and charisma.

By the way.. I don't judge anyone from the 240 crowd just for being from the 240 crowd.. However, I do judge them for not trying to help out some kid that really wants to learn. That's the type of shit that crushes someones spirit. Probably makes them question why they'd want to be a part of that..

Maybe not.. just ignore my dribble.. I hate hondas too sometimes. Hate the cars, not the people, I guess..

Soon..

Cars:
1972 Datsun 240z - For Sale
1977 Datsun 280z - For Sale
1991 Infiniti Q45 - Engine Donor to 240z - Parting out the Rest
Sold Cars:
1976 Jaguar XJ-S - Rear end Donor to Chev Pickup
1992 Honda Prelude Si
1971 Datsun 240z
1984 Civic 1500 Hatch
Old 04-02-2004, 09:24 PM   #27
D[X]P
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to D[X]P Send a message via AIM to D[X]P
Well, Like it has been said before, Too many of ricers.I think properly tuned hondas are cool, without any body mods and shit. If they are riced i just laugh.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:43 PM   #28
carnut
AF Enthusiast

I love it when they try to get around me off a stop light in my 99 Dodge work van with a small V8. It's loaded down with ladders, compressors, generators, tools and test equiptment and they still can't do it. Maybe they need to invert the wing so it can fly!
Old 04-02-2004, 11:53 PM   #29
pind
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: Y do people hate hondas so much....

[quote=publicenemy137]exactly. Honda's are just so practical and boring. Reason why it's like a toy car is because... It has no personality. People who get em are lemmings, just like everyone else.

So the Question is, why can they not just run off the nearest cliff?

Old 04-03-2004, 01:40 AM   #30
Prelewd
AF Enthusiast

No cliffs around me..

Soon..

Cars: