Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Corona/Caldina/Carnia
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 10:26 AM   #1
Kevsden
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Kevsden
Question Car Stereo

I recently bought a 1999 Toyota Corona exiv 200GT with all the bells and whistles added to it my only problem is with the sound system it has a CD Tape combo install thats double din which is OK but my problem is the radio frequency are two low down on the radio ban so it does not work with the stations on the island and the CD player will not play the CD I have is there any way to fix this other than replacing the radio. If not is there a web site that sells double din radios and will ship international.
Kevsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:06 PM   #2
JayB23
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to JayB23
Re: Car Stereo

Well, I donno where you could find the kind of stereo you're looking for, but there's an alternate option.
I have a 94 Corona (or carina e, whichever u prefer), and they come with a small compartment underneath the stereo system, that's precisely the same size as most decks, so you could easily find on of those compartments at some accersories shop or your local dealer.
This way, you can buy a regular sized stereo and have an extra place to hold stuff!
Plus you won't have a weird gap on the dash board.

PS. I'd like to see some picks of that EXIV, if you've got any, send the to javierberrocal@gmail.com, here in America (I mean as a continent, not the US), Coronas a not very easy to see.
JayB23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 02:46 AM   #3
sparkeykev
AF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to sparkeykev
Post Re: Car Stereo

Domestic Japanese radios use the lower frequency 76 to 89 mhz there abouts there is an expander available in New Zealand which changes the frequency by 10 to 12 mhz hence making 88 to 108 mhz availableit plugs inline in the antena wiring with a power feed tapped into the radio feed

the cd player may need a clean

the expander is around $ 30:00 NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevsden
I recently bought a 1999 Toyota Corona exiv 200GT with all the bells and whistles added to it my only problem is with the sound system it has a CD Tape combo install thats double din which is OK but my problem is the radio frequency are two low down on the radio ban so it does not work with the stations on the island and the CD player will not play the CD I have is there any way to fix this other than replacing the radio. If not is there a web site that sells double din radios and will ship international.
sparkeykev is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Corona/Caldina/Carnia