Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 09:20 PM   #31
eaz-b
AF Newbie

thanks for the welcome
im from Fort Washington but im up at frostburg right now
you should bring out the civic if you live close to waldorf
usually a good turn out at the local Circuit City parking lot on wednesdays, then we head to our spot when the cops break it up
eaz-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 08:18 PM   #32
soccmid
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to soccmid
wednesday night on 301 isnt bad but then we have some dumb people with crappy cars comin up and talkin shyt like they wanna fight someone or something stupid like that. havent been in a while but sam's club was the backup after the wendy's dont kno anymroe cuz i think sam's is now open. but yea check it out some peolpe up there will run.
soccmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 08:31 PM   #33
anokpunk
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to anokpunk
In Mountgomery County the hotspot would be to meet at the Starbucks on Rockville Pike around 9:00 pm on a Saturday. A lot of street racing goes on up there but it's become a hotspot for cops too. Another good place is in Baltimore. Northern Pkwy...exit 18a off i695. A lot of people meet up at the Wendys. There's also Route 50 on the metro. This is right out of DC. You'll get a $500 loitering ticket if you hang around there for too long and the cops come. There's tons of other places but you gotta look around and find em. Hope this info helps.
anokpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 08:40 PM   #34
civicHBsi91
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to civicHBsi91
the best thing is just to be friends or know the racers, i wont say names or what cars they drive due to safety but thats really the best way to know where races go down, big money races anyway
Old 11-05-2003, 11:24 PM   #35
MOPARVengence
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MOPARVengence
ok well granted I am new to this board, but I'm not new to the MD area. I know this may end up sounding like I'm bashing a few of you so I am sorry I don't mean it like that only to inform and educated everyone.

I have had my days on the street and I have had my days on the track and yes there will be more of both. The thing to remeber is that there are risks in both situations and they very based on the participants. As long as you are smart about when and how you minimize the risks. I don't mean to say beware of cops, but what i do mean is to consider the street you are racing on, Metro and V Street lasted many many many years, not because cops werent there but because it was still a very safe enviornment, well lit, open, straight and flat. Also well controled. The problems came when wannabe movies came out and glorified the actions of street racing while painting a very unclear picture of what really goes on. This has lead to kids and inexperienced drivers trying to control high horsepower cars, strapping No2 to their cars and thinking its just that simple, buying the cheapest parts and putting them through the worst hell. This has lead to many people getting injured and several dying. Remeber that to build a car the right and safe way costs alot of $$$$.

Just have fun, be safe, be smart.
MOPARVengence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 05:29 PM   #36
banditkiller
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to banditkiller
I hope im not found to be trolling or post whoring sorry if I am.... But what was said was very true. Having had a brother who used to go down to metro and a few friends before they completely shut it down..... Ritchi highway is patrolled not due to all the racing.... its all the shit that goes on at the places ppl gather. Ohh yeah and Pun when i get back we are building that hatch.

My mom always told me that fastest way to someone's heart is through their chest. Watch out for ppl with pointed objects.
banditkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:33 PM   #37
2fast4u_fools
AF Newbie

Re: street racing in maryland

whats uppeeps?if your lookin for a new spot to run at try fox run shopping center in prince frederick .(calvert county)Theres always heads out there with there civics and acuras and shit waiting to race !!And besides it's easy money there all grocery getters.lol mainly looks but theres a few that got a lil under the hood.......just watch out for the crx's and the blue accord
2fast4u_fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 01:55 AM   #38
2fast4u_fools
AF Newbie

Talking

Whats up again.I almost forgot 2 more spots one is in waldorf on rt.301 in waldorf my hometown it is lanfill rd.If you cant gind it go to the shopping center where boston market is and im sure the street racers will be glad to show you.The 2nd one is in p.g. county right outside of waldoef by the 711 on 301 there is a power plant with a long straight stretch prolly 2 1/2 miles long that leads to the power plant back gate.ohh yeah i'm a owner of a crx with b18 motor swap dc sport header centerforce clutchoem fuel rail a aftermarket ECU short shifter snow man cold air intake with bypasser to keep the water from fuckin your shit.Oem pully's And short shifterthe car is red sittin on white 17 inch premo's.So if your around southern M.D. drop a line im down for testing the line between street racin and parkin lot sitting.

E-mail me at wicked_honda_racer_509@yahoo.com

The name is casper by the way
2fast4u_fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 10:37 PM   #39
jnj13dmb
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jnj13dmb

hey just checkin out the board....i live in joppatowne, right off of rt. 40 in harford co. alot of people have been meeting up at the pep boys in white marsh on rt. 40 on sunday nights, setting up races at many different locations in that area.....if your looking for a race thats the place to check out
jnj13dmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 11:55 AM   #40
shadohc
AF Newbie

Re: Re: street racing in maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnj13dmb
hey just checkin out the board....i live in joppatowne, right off of rt. 40 in harford co. alot of people have been meeting up at the pep boys in white marsh on rt. 40 on sunday nights, setting up races at many different locations in that area.....if your looking for a race thats the place to check out

i just want to thank everyone who has replied to my post thanks to me and some of my people of my group for now we have made this spot on rte 40 white marsh pep boys avalible for now until people start coming there and trashing the parking lot and other things me and my group will continue to set up the races there and if not there we will go somewhere else just like we did when we got ran out of save alot in dundalk and ames in the martin plaza but for now on sundays at rte 40 pep boys is the spot and if anything changes me or someone on this board will update a new location please keeep everyone informed on new locations thankyou for all of you cooperation shadohc
shadohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 09:22 AM   #41
Akidosigh1
AF Newbie

There are a lot of places in MD. but none are too big.

We have 3 spots around here in forestville but 1 is down until probably spring. 1 is on penn ave right before the DC line(old muscle cars). the other is on penn ave going south right before the woodyard road ramp(motorcycles). then there is central ave right next to 301 on the south side. RT 1 in beltsville, i've seen them meet but never race. i went out to northern parkway last saturday right when the cops came. everyone went to home depot on rt 40 and set up races and then road out to rt 70 park and ride. the people that did race had some fast cars. i've heard about people racing out by waldorf, never seen it though.

for all the people who used to race at metro, you all gave up to easy. back like 15 years ago when my brother raced, garden city drive wasn't the main strip. the main strip was on MLK right by the rt 50 bridge. for anyone that can see it in there heads, there is at least 3 lanes on each side of the highway at this particular section, each side of the high way has wide shoulders good for parking, and for the scared people, there is parking in the businesses on both sides of MLK with clear view of the street. there is no traffic around racing times either. and ways out? there are 4 ways onto rt 50, there is MLK itself and forbes blvd is close, wittfield chapel rd is close, and you can weave through the business parking lots to get out. there is more ways out of MLK than there was on Garden City Dr. Its better, more space to race and park, safer because the highway is divided unlike on garden city, 1 person had to be on the wrong side and it will take a lot more cops to block off MLK than it did on garden city drive. last thing, if you are a racer, you should have a car that is somewhat quick/fast... if not why are you racing? the point is, you know there are going to be a lot of slow cars there so if the cops come, who gets caught first?
Akidosigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 01:19 PM   #42
OnLyHoTgUrLrAcEr
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to OnLyHoTgUrLrAcEr

Hey everyone. Im tryin to get some of the baddest racers(including me) from Maryland to go race in newark and show all the DE and NJ racers what MD iz all about. I already have ppl goin from VA, WV, NC, OH, PA, NY, and FL. Email me at kuwuljj@cs.com for more info. There is already about 150 ppl going.
OnLyHoTgUrLrAcEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 06:26 PM   #43
civicHBsi91
AF Enthusiast

will a mod please lock this thread
Old 12-23-2003, 07:37 PM   #44
shadohc
AF Newbie

[quote=will a mod please lock this thread [/QUOTE]

civicHBsi91 just because you have a slow car does not mean you have to be jealous and shut my thread down if you dont like it dont post here
shadohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:08 AM   #45
civicHBsi91
AF Enthusiast

lol, please buddy, this thread is old as shyt and random dumb newbies come in and post stupid ass things....LOCK IT!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing