Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Fabrication & Tools > Fiberglassing
Fiberglassing Fiberglasssing explained and the proper techniques on working on a fiberglass project.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 09:34 PM   #1
KillerX911
AF Newbie

Fiberglass questions - Tons of pics BEWARE 56K !

Hello everybody

Heres the situation.

I purchased my kit car in 2002 but went to school for three years so didnt really get to work on it as often as I wanted. So ya I got a chassis, it was rusted (geeer Canada) got a second one that was nice and started. I sand blasted the frame, Zinc chromate it, primed it, then painted it. now is the body. I purchased the kit for $300 BUT the body needed alot of work (as you can see in the pics below) So iv got a lot of fiberglass questions I need answered.

First off as you can see in the pics there is some crack-chipping going on What would I use to fill these cracks in? Product numbers or name?

Next we have the inside of my kit. As you can see theres alot of see through areas I would like to reinforce to make it a bit stronger. What fiberglass or product would i use for this? Whats the procedures would I do? (BTW the rusted piece of metal is not part of my chassis lol its just a piece of metal under the tarp so no water caves in)

In these pics you can see some cracking... this is probably from the guy that owned it from me before as he put on bondo and crap that I had to grind off (as you can see) Also whats gonna be good to remake the lines of this door?

Thanks in advanced guys
KillerX911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:21 AM   #2
muchy
AF Newbie

Re: Fiberglass questions - Tons of pics BEWARE 56K !

first off you need to take a small hammer to the holes, they look like air pockets the manufacturer left behind ( as usual) make the holes as big as THEY want to be, then if not to deep fill with light weight filler, but on the edges id use some glass resin and fiber fill to make it thick like a paste, unless it goes back far then id jus mat it, but the resin paste will make a cornor a whole lot harder then bondo crap lol
muchy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Fabrication & Tools > Fiberglassing