Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 01:24 AM   #1
deanot
AF Newbie

97 Pathfinder transmission error???

Just bought this thing 3 months ago, had lots of problems and its lucky I bought the nissan extended warranty..

But, since I bought it, the Radio/CD dont work all the time, the exhaust manafold cracked, and now there is a weird problem, the check engine light comes on, took it for diags and it says 3rd gear is out (auto Transmission), had it reset and 20 miles later its back on!

Had the transmission rebuild with new parts under the nissan warranty (ha ha ha) and guess what, same damn thing, that light is back on again with the same error.

Anyone seen this before? could it be the computer? could it be a nissan?..... Please someone help, its getting stupid now!

Thanks
deanot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 01:35 PM   #2
kblack
AF Newbie

might have similar problem

i recently purchased a 97 pathfinder and no sooner did i pull into town, the check engine light came on. have a 1 year warranty, but is it going to take longer that this to fix?? i have reset the engine light twice now by just disconnecting the battery and now the air bag light is flashing. going in to check this week but does this sound at all familiar? was your problem resolved?
kblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 09:02 PM   #3
deanot
AF Newbie

Well, after the transmission rebuild (which I don't think it needed, only has 52k on the clock), it kept happening.
Had it reset and had a full diagnostics check done on it, all seems ok now, light has not come on since the reset.
Radio CD was still messing around, removed it and put in a Pioneer Radio CD and all that works fine now.

I am confused, someone told us its the overdrive, when its disengaged the computer don't see the third gear, but that sounds like a lot of crap to me.

Try getting a diagnostic done on the car, see if anything comes up, we had like 2 different errors todate.

Good luck
deanot is offline   Reply With Quote