Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 05:50 PM   #1
oberon818
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to oberon818
Jet Black vs Mettalic black

What's the overall difference btw these black colors.
Is there a color i'm overlooking and should consider for a
330i coupe or sedan.

Thanks
oberon818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 08:38 PM   #2
jprhodes
AF Newbie

My last car was jet black and my current 330xi is saphire black. The jet black was a total nightmare. It looks dirty all the time, shows tons of swirl marks, and shows every little imperfection in the paint. The saphire black is much better. It doesn't look as bad when it's dirty, although dirt still shows more than on a light colored car, and small imperfections, scratches, etc., don't stand out. I would never get a jet black car again but am really happy with the saphire.

I think the dark blues look pretty good on othe 3 series too.
Old 03-10-2002, 04:10 AM   #3
oberon818
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to oberon818
Thanks! appreciate your comment. I thought the same of the Jetblack and swirly marks. My dilemma now is choosing the i vs ci.

I like the front grille of the coupe SO much better than the sedan. I want to get the "angel eyes" / Halo lights for the 3 series...wondering which one it would look better on.
oberon818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 07:19 PM   #4
sofaman
AF Newbie

Just joined this forum and had the same question of the two black colors. I went to the dealer's lot to see the two black colors side by side and was only able to find the Jet Black. I have only seen the Black Sapphire Metallic in the brochure. I will be ordering one of the blacks on Monday night. My current lease ends in mid May and I must order the vehicle ASAP. I am going with the Natural Brown Leather interior. I decided on the coupe with a 5 speed.

If my wife wants to drive it, she will have to learn how to shift on one of her girlfriends car, not mine.
sofaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 11:40 AM   #5
jprhodes
AF Newbie

i vs. ci -- depends on whether you need to use the back seat. If you're going to use the back seat much, the ci may be a hassle. If not, the ci is much sleeker overall, though I think the new grill works much better than the old E46 grill with its pseudo circles around the lights. I have an xi, but really need the back seat.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series