Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Europe
Europe England, Holland, Denmark, Germany, etc...
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-28-2002, 12:29 PM   #16
Goosse
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Goosse
Quote:
Originally posted by Veetec
Last week I saw a original Prelude Type-S from Japan in my home city. And a grandma was driving this baby.....
LOL I know what you mean. Last week, when I was walking to school in Antwerp, I saw a nearly stock 6th gen civic coming towards me. Their was a women aged 40-50 behind the wheel. I noticed it had the VTi rims on, but I tought that the chance was really small of that car really being a VTi. But when it passed, the VTi badge was on the trunk.

I always wonder if these people know what they are driving. Those VTi are rare as hell over here.
Old 04-28-2002, 02:59 PM   #17
Veetec
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Veetec Send a message via AIM to Veetec
Quote:
Originally posted by Goosse

LOL I know what you mean. Last week, when I was walking to school in Antwerp, I saw a nearly stock 6th gen civic coming towards me. Their was a women aged 40-50 behind the wheel. I noticed it had the VTi rims on, but I tought that the chance was really small of that car really being a VTi. But when it passed, the VTi badge was on the trunk.

I always wonder if these people know what they are driving. Those VTi are rare as hell over here.
They´re very rare over here, too. Like most faster Hondas (except of the S2000). It seems to me that most of these Hondas are driven by old people!
Veetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 05:51 AM   #18
AccordCE8
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to AccordCE8
not so strange that older people drive that type of cars.... they have the money for it and we (youth...young people???) don't.
Maybe when you're 40 or 50 you've got the newest fastest civic also... and your wife with grey hair is driving it.... and the youth think ' hell, what's that..'
Old 05-01-2002, 04:19 AM   #19
VTEC1600
AF Enthusiast

Yep, that's through, the VTEC models are more rare, but they are also much more expensive. But i've to admit that i drove a Opel Corsa 1.0 (that's a Vauxhall Nova for the UK guys or a Holden for the Aussies) for some years before i was able to buy this VTEC coupé with 1.5 years warranty from the dealer. But i'm also a little bit older (almost 25) than most of the young guys in the tuning scene over here. I really feel old when i'm on a meeting, most guys drive those souped up VW. But hey, i don't pay a cent to any bank for borrowed money and i'm living in a very nice house.
VTEC1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:39 AM   #20
Gangsta Moto
AF Newbie

Re: Thinking of ditching Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic_1.6_16v
Now you're talking man
Just do that and you wont be sorry to have stick with Honda after all

What kind of "cosmetic" mods were you thinking about then???
And how does your ride look like now?
Oi... dude... dont listen to these guy's... they're all just biased because they got Honda's. Your dad who knows way more about cars and had a Xedos... and upgraded to a Jag... not a Honda. Havent you ever heard they call the Xedos the Jap Jag?... mate... even you were pulled to the Xedos... not another Honda. Plus... that Honda civic, Prelude, Accord etc... got like 5 pass by every 10 minutes you're on the road like a BMW... Xedos on the otherhand... not to be seen... strictly the chosen few.

Dont let a good thing pass you by and end up being just another civic driver... u wont even be noticed... all they'll say is was that a rover or honda???

I say ditch the Honda and try something else... trust me if you asked your dad he'll probably tell you he enjoyed the Xedos more than he did the Jag.
Gangsta Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:46 AM   #21
BrodyP
AF -Advisor

3 years not 1 or 2 but 3 years this ticket has not been touch. Please read the rules and guidlines for the forum.

BrodyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:53 AM   #22
Gangsta Moto
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Thinking of ditching Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodyP
3 years not 1 or 2 but 3 years this ticket has not been touch. Please read the rules and guidlines for the forum.
Sorry mate... just got a link though Google... did not even check.

My bad.
Gangsta Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 04:52 PM   #23
Shpyder
Moderate moderator

Hondas are great daily drivers... I just blew the motor in the eclipse, and have been driving an auto 2000 civic DX for 3 months now, and I love it. Just fill in gas and goooo. No turbo drama, no worrying about boost leak, none of that crap. Daily driving, Hondas are the best bang for the buck by far.

The daily driver. The weekend cruiser. The lazy shop hog.
Shpyder is offline   Reply With Quote